To celebrate 140 years of facilitating beery fun-times, Heineken launched a global competition to design a special commemorative bottle. The twist was that people were asked to design one side and then join forces via Facebook with a fellow designer whose work complemented their own. The longlist has now been whittled down to a final three, so come this way to see the three combinations that are in the running to be released at the end of this year and to find out a bit about how they were chosen…
The final selections were made by Evan Orensten, co-founder of Cool Hunting, Mark Dytham, co-founder of PechaKucha, and Mark van Iterson,Heineken’s global head of design.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s