With Here only a couple of weeks away and our speaker profiles finished, we wanted to give you the inside scoop on the activities and live elements we’ve got planned for our big symposium.
One of our favourite illustrators, Jim Stoten, will be putting a spin on the classic seaside photo-board cut-out, creating a fantastic piece especially for our guests at Here. Jim’s weird and wacky illustrations have seen him work with the likes of Creative Review, MTV and The Guardian. He’s also recently collaborated with the Layzell Bros on Adam Buxton’s animations for Bug TV, providing illustrations bursting with colour and madcap characters. Guests can pop their heads through the holes to become part of the picture.
Temporary tattoo experts Tattly will be providing us with a selection of their favourite designs at Here. From the brains behind swissmiss, Tattly launched in 2011 with a wonderful array of tattoos from an all-star lineup of designers. Guests can catch them in the breaks to get their own tattoo applied.
And, while you’re at it you can also visit Photobot. Back for a second year, Photobot’s ready to photograph our guests and serve up snapshot souvenirs of the day. Customised for Here, the booth is a multi-tasking machine that entertains you while taking your photo.
We’ve also been working hard to curate a Here reference library featuring titles published by and about our speakers, as well as themes from the day and books so jam-packed with brilliant design we just had to share them with you.
Finally, congratulations to Myles Palmer who won the WeTransfer competition including two tickets to Here with this striking photograph (showing where he’s most creative) picked by the WeTransfer team.
Tickets to Here have now sold out but you can add your name to the waiting list in case any more were to become available.
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?