With Here only a couple of weeks away and our speaker profiles finished, we wanted to give you the inside scoop on the activities and live elements we’ve got planned for our big symposium.
One of our favourite illustrators, Jim Stoten, will be putting a spin on the classic seaside photo-board cut-out, creating a fantastic piece especially for our guests at Here. Jim’s weird and wacky illustrations have seen him work with the likes of Creative Review, MTV and The Guardian. He’s also recently collaborated with the Layzell Bros on Adam Buxton’s animations for Bug TV, providing illustrations bursting with colour and madcap characters. Guests can pop their heads through the holes to become part of the picture.
Temporary tattoo experts Tattly will be providing us with a selection of their favourite designs at Here. From the brains behind swissmiss, Tattly launched in 2011 with a wonderful array of tattoos from an all-star lineup of designers. Guests can catch them in the breaks to get their own tattoo applied.
And, while you’re at it you can also visit Photobot. Back for a second year, Photobot’s ready to photograph our guests and serve up snapshot souvenirs of the day. Customised for Here, the booth is a multi-tasking machine that entertains you while taking your photo.
We’ve also been working hard to curate a Here reference library featuring titles published by and about our speakers, as well as themes from the day and books so jam-packed with brilliant design we just had to share them with you.
Finally, congratulations to Myles Palmer who won the WeTransfer competition including two tickets to Here with this striking photograph (showing where he’s most creative) picked by the WeTransfer team.
Tickets to Here have now sold out but you can add your name to the waiting list in case any more were to become available.
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- Photographer Josh Cohen captures New York’s hidden gems
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"