With Here only a couple of weeks away and our speaker profiles finished, we wanted to give you the inside scoop on the activities and live elements we’ve got planned for our big symposium.
One of our favourite illustrators, Jim Stoten, will be putting a spin on the classic seaside photo-board cut-out, creating a fantastic piece especially for our guests at Here. Jim’s weird and wacky illustrations have seen him work with the likes of Creative Review, MTV and The Guardian. He’s also recently collaborated with the Layzell Bros on Adam Buxton’s animations for Bug TV, providing illustrations bursting with colour and madcap characters. Guests can pop their heads through the holes to become part of the picture.
Temporary tattoo experts Tattly will be providing us with a selection of their favourite designs at Here. From the brains behind swissmiss, Tattly launched in 2011 with a wonderful array of tattoos from an all-star lineup of designers. Guests can catch them in the breaks to get their own tattoo applied.
And, while you’re at it you can also visit Photobot. Back for a second year, Photobot’s ready to photograph our guests and serve up snapshot souvenirs of the day. Customised for Here, the booth is a multi-tasking machine that entertains you while taking your photo.
We’ve also been working hard to curate a Here reference library featuring titles published by and about our speakers, as well as themes from the day and books so jam-packed with brilliant design we just had to share them with you.
Finally, congratulations to Myles Palmer who won the WeTransfer competition including two tickets to Here with this striking photograph (showing where he’s most creative) picked by the WeTransfer team.
Tickets to Here have now sold out but you can add your name to the waiting list in case any more were to become available.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again