With Here only a couple of weeks away and our speaker profiles finished, we wanted to give you the inside scoop on the activities and live elements we’ve got planned for our big symposium.
One of our favourite illustrators, Jim Stoten, will be putting a spin on the classic seaside photo-board cut-out, creating a fantastic piece especially for our guests at Here. Jim’s weird and wacky illustrations have seen him work with the likes of Creative Review, MTV and The Guardian. He’s also recently collaborated with the Layzell Bros on Adam Buxton’s animations for Bug TV, providing illustrations bursting with colour and madcap characters. Guests can pop their heads through the holes to become part of the picture.
Temporary tattoo experts Tattly will be providing us with a selection of their favourite designs at Here. From the brains behind swissmiss, Tattly launched in 2011 with a wonderful array of tattoos from an all-star lineup of designers. Guests can catch them in the breaks to get their own tattoo applied.
And, while you’re at it you can also visit Photobot. Back for a second year, Photobot’s ready to photograph our guests and serve up snapshot souvenirs of the day. Customised for Here, the booth is a multi-tasking machine that entertains you while taking your photo.
We’ve also been working hard to curate a Here reference library featuring titles published by and about our speakers, as well as themes from the day and books so jam-packed with brilliant design we just had to share them with you.
Finally, congratulations to Myles Palmer who won the WeTransfer competition including two tickets to Here with this striking photograph (showing where he’s most creative) picked by the WeTransfer team.
Tickets to Here have now sold out but you can add your name to the waiting list in case any more were to become available.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design