We’ve long been fans of Brazilian-born, New York based artist Rafaël Rozendaal and so when it came to drawing up the programme for our creative symposium Here held in the summer he was an obvious choice. Rafaël is a trailblazer when it comes to digital and online artworks and we were keen to hear his insights into this particular corner of the creative world. But we were aalso treated to a look at the projects where he combines digital and physical to produce artworks which blur the boundaries between these two sometimes polarised worlds.
Remember you can catch up with all the Here 2013 videos over on our dedicated audio visual channel First Broadcast.
- “Noise, exertion and rebellion”: Ari Marcopoulos’ latest exhibition, Machine
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Greg Barth puts world peace to a public vote in satirical film, Epic Fail
- Julia Petrova conveys mystery and darkness in her landscape illustrations
- Deividas Buivydas documents Boston, Lincolnshire, a town known as “the face of Brexit"
- Justin Sloane applies his blunt and nuanced ethos to multidisciplinary design
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s