For over 30 years Wayne Hemingway has been an influential designer with his wife and business partner Gerardine Hemingway. They set up fashion label Red or Dead in the early 1980s, (which ran for 21 consecutive seasons on the catwalk at London Fashion Week), and the couple went on to found Hemingway Design, a multi-disciplinary design agency working across the arts.
Their work includes a major award-winning housing project in Tyneside, for which they coordinated everything from the design and landscaping through to the marketing. Other works include designing a shoe range for classic British brand Hush Puppies and redesigning the uniform for McDonalds making it more sustainable in time for the London Olympics. Hemingway Design also curate events, including the official Queens Diamond Jubliee party in 2012 as well as their on-going Vintage festival.
We are thrilled to have the iconic British designer at Here 2013 talking us through how he forged his design career, swapping a formal design education for discos, gigs and jumble sales.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are only a limited number of tickets left so register now to avoid disappointment.
Group discounts for Here are available – please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass). Simply email email@example.com from your university email account for the discount code or send proof you are entitled to the discount.
We hope to see you there!
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”