For over 30 years Wayne Hemingway has been an influential designer with his wife and business partner Gerardine Hemingway. They set up fashion label Red or Dead in the early 1980s, (which ran for 21 consecutive seasons on the catwalk at London Fashion Week), and the couple went on to found Hemingway Design, a multi-disciplinary design agency working across the arts.
Their work includes a major award-winning housing project in Tyneside, for which they coordinated everything from the design and landscaping through to the marketing. Other works include designing a shoe range for classic British brand Hush Puppies and redesigning the uniform for McDonalds making it more sustainable in time for the London Olympics. Hemingway Design also curate events, including the official Queens Diamond Jubliee party in 2012 as well as their on-going Vintage festival.
We are thrilled to have the iconic British designer at Here 2013 talking us through how he forged his design career, swapping a formal design education for discos, gigs and jumble sales.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are only a limited number of tickets left so register now to avoid disappointment.
Group discounts for Here are available – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org from your university email account for the discount code or send proof you are entitled to the discount.
We hope to see you there!
- How I Got Here: Marco Velardi and Omar Sosa, Apartamento magazine
- It’s Nice That x Channel 4 Random Acts: “It’ll be like a guided acid trip”
- Felicity Hammond's art sends up the visual language of luxury property developers
- Gillian Wearing uses the public's work to examine privacy and individual vs collective experience
- Anna Beil defies convention with "trashy" illustrations and animations
- Polish illustrator Gosia Herba interprets myths and legends in pastel tones
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs