For over 30 years Wayne Hemingway has been an influential designer with his wife and business partner Gerardine Hemingway. They set up fashion label Red or Dead in the early 1980s, (which ran for 21 consecutive seasons on the catwalk at London Fashion Week), and the couple went on to found Hemingway Design, a multi-disciplinary design agency working across the arts.
Their work includes a major award-winning housing project in Tyneside, for which they coordinated everything from the design and landscaping through to the marketing. Other works include designing a shoe range for classic British brand Hush Puppies and redesigning the uniform for McDonalds making it more sustainable in time for the London Olympics. Hemingway Design also curate events, including the official Queens Diamond Jubliee party in 2012 as well as their on-going Vintage festival.
We are thrilled to have the iconic British designer at Here 2013 talking us through how he forged his design career, swapping a formal design education for discos, gigs and jumble sales.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are only a limited number of tickets left so register now to avoid disappointment.
Group discounts for Here are available – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org from your university email account for the discount code or send proof you are entitled to the discount.
We hope to see you there!
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Daily Dialogue’s minimal designs for its eclectic mix of clients
- Have “artisanal” brands and “craft” branding had their day?
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)