For over 30 years Wayne Hemingway has been an influential designer with his wife and business partner Gerardine Hemingway. They set up fashion label Red or Dead in the early 1980s, (which ran for 21 consecutive seasons on the catwalk at London Fashion Week), and the couple went on to found Hemingway Design, a multi-disciplinary design agency working across the arts.
Their work includes a major award-winning housing project in Tyneside, for which they coordinated everything from the design and landscaping through to the marketing. Other works include designing a shoe range for classic British brand Hush Puppies and redesigning the uniform for McDonalds making it more sustainable in time for the London Olympics. Hemingway Design also curate events, including the official Queens Diamond Jubliee party in 2012 as well as their on-going Vintage festival.
We are thrilled to have the iconic British designer at Here 2013 talking us through how he forged his design career, swapping a formal design education for discos, gigs and jumble sales.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are only a limited number of tickets left so register now to avoid disappointment.
Group discounts for Here are available – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org from your university email account for the discount code or send proof you are entitled to the discount.
We hope to see you there!
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant