Award-winning Dutch duo Lernert Engelberts and Sander Plug create high-concept art films, music videos, installations and adverts driven by a combination of terrific ideas, faultless execution and a subtly dry, cheeky sense of humour. They’ve made remarkable films for editorial heavyweights like Fantastic Man and Nowness, created eye-catching installations for the windows at Selfridges, directed commercials for Amnesty International and have a superb portfolio of personal work.
The pair can turn their prodigious talents to projects as diverse as exploring the beauty industry or mediating on online search queries, by turns funny, cutting and poignant. We are hugely excited that they will be flying over from Amsterdam to talk at this year’s symposium.
Join us – get your tickets here!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery