Marina Willer’s designs are incredibly iconic, and it’s kind of unbelievable when you realise that she’s the brains behind a huge array of outstanding brand identities, as well as being a very talented filmmaker, and the first female partner at Pentagram. Marina has worked with the likes of The Tate, The Southbank Centre and The Serpentine Gallery, and has also created memorable logos for Oxfam and Macmillian Cancer Support. We wrote about her incredible new Serpentine identity last year, which strikingly demonstrates the incredible things that she is capable of.
When Marina was at Wolff Olins, she worked with Brian Boylan to create the ground-breaking Tate identity which we all know and love. In 2011, the logo was voted one of the best logos of all time by the Creative Review, and the dynamic range of designs that move in and out of focus have become incredibly iconic. We wanted to rekindle your appreciation of the vibrant work, so here you go, and when you look at the identity it’s easy to see why Marina is one of the very best.
All of today’s posts are focusing on the speakers at Here 2014, picking out a particular project to enjoy once again. You can follow the action live over on our @HereLondon Twitter feed.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting