Marina Willer’s designs are incredibly iconic, and it’s kind of unbelievable when you realise that she’s the brains behind a huge array of outstanding brand identities, as well as being a very talented filmmaker, and the first female partner at Pentagram. Marina has worked with the likes of The Tate, The Southbank Centre and The Serpentine Gallery, and has also created memorable logos for Oxfam and Macmillian Cancer Support. We wrote about her incredible new Serpentine identity last year, which strikingly demonstrates the incredible things that she is capable of.
When Marina was at Wolff Olins, she worked with Brian Boylan to create the ground-breaking Tate identity which we all know and love. In 2011, the logo was voted one of the best logos of all time by the Creative Review, and the dynamic range of designs that move in and out of focus have become incredibly iconic. We wanted to rekindle your appreciation of the vibrant work, so here you go, and when you look at the identity it’s easy to see why Marina is one of the very best.
All of today’s posts are focusing on the speakers at Here 2014, picking out a particular project to enjoy once again. You can follow the action live over on our @HereLondon Twitter feed.
- Photographer Damien Maloney on working intuitively and playing with reality
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos