We are thrilled that this year’s Here London creative symposium will feature legendary British illustrator and author Marion Deuchars, a lady who in addition to working internationally with major design and advertising agencies, also publishes beautiful illustrated children’s books and has created a globally recognised style of hand lettering!
After graduating with distinction from the Royal College of Art in 1981, Deuchars co-formed an art and design studio in north London from where she continues to work on an incredible range of projects spanning corporate literature, publishing, editorial, packaging, advertising, web, brand development, craft and interior design.
With commercial clients that include Royal Mail Stamps, Carluccios and the Imperial War Museum, she’s won several awards including a Gold and Silver at the Art Directors Club New York, three D&AD yellow pencils, and she’s been a member of AGI since 2000. In 2012, Marion was chosen by the British Council as one of six creatives to represent Britain at the World Design Capital in Helsinki.
We are honoured to welcome her to the Here London symposium. You can get your tickets here!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- The sun's shining, the weather is sweet: here's the Best of the Web
- Great new film series profiling the individuals challenging the macho stereotypes of rugby
- Tom Cockram's photographs of Brazil’s street culture in the lead up to last year’s World Cup
- Clever, well-observed editorial illustrations from Toronto-based Peter Thomas Ryan
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection
- Utopia-focussed design work from studio Public School
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography
- “What’s your style? I don’t fucking know. You tell me mate”: A no nonsense look at the work of Barber Osgerby
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team