We are thrilled that this year’s Here London creative symposium will feature legendary British illustrator and author Marion Deuchars, a lady who in addition to working internationally with major design and advertising agencies, also publishes beautiful illustrated children’s books and has created a globally recognised style of hand lettering!
After graduating with distinction from the Royal College of Art in 1981, Deuchars co-formed an art and design studio in north London from where she continues to work on an incredible range of projects spanning corporate literature, publishing, editorial, packaging, advertising, web, brand development, craft and interior design.
With commercial clients that include Royal Mail Stamps, Carluccios and the Imperial War Museum, she’s won several awards including a Gold and Silver at the Art Directors Club New York, three D&AD yellow pencils, and she’s been a member of AGI since 2000. In 2012, Marion was chosen by the British Council as one of six creatives to represent Britain at the World Design Capital in Helsinki.
We are honoured to welcome her to the Here London symposium. You can get your tickets here!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Allen Jones' Maîtresse, a series of S&M-inspired paintings
- First Dates for those who create: London agency Form on their working relationship
- Air-brushed psychedelia and neon lights abound in Robert Beatty’s new work
- Jack Davison shoots parrots with PTSD for The New York Times Magazine
- Graphic design work to challenge and empower the reader
- "A think tank for a week, and a do-tank for the rest of the year" : Ravi Naidoo on Design Indaba
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- More salaciously surreal illustrations from French duo Mrzyk & Moriceau