We are thrilled that this year’s Here London creative symposium will feature legendary British illustrator and author Marion Deuchars, a lady who in addition to working internationally with major design and advertising agencies, also publishes beautiful illustrated children’s books and has created a globally recognised style of hand lettering!
After graduating with distinction from the Royal College of Art in 1981, Deuchars co-formed an art and design studio in north London from where she continues to work on an incredible range of projects spanning corporate literature, publishing, editorial, packaging, advertising, web, brand development, craft and interior design.
With commercial clients that include Royal Mail Stamps, Carluccios and the Imperial War Museum, she’s won several awards including a Gold and Silver at the Art Directors Club New York, three D&AD yellow pencils, and she’s been a member of AGI since 2000. In 2012, Marion was chosen by the British Council as one of six creatives to represent Britain at the World Design Capital in Helsinki.
We are honoured to welcome her to the Here London symposium. You can get your tickets here!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Zoe Kao and Huang Wun-Sing find inspiration in the uncertainty of the design process
- Documenting the world in motion: Lauren Tamaki’s illustrations of modern life
- Baptise Bernazeau’s ode to ruins told through crumbling typography and illustration
- The jack of all trades, and the master of them too: Robbie Simon
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?