When it comes to marking out influential figures in the contemporary architecture and design industries, we’d have a hard time thinking of a more accomplished innovator than Sam Jacob. As one of the founding directors of FAT Architecture he is responsible for a range of internationally acclaimed projects, cementing FAT’s place as one of the world’s leading post-modern architecture studios. His portfolio includes award winning work for BBC, Igloo, Urban Splash and Selfridges, with many of his projects exhibited at leading galleries and museums including the Victoria & Albert Museum, the MAK in Vienna and the Venice Architecture Biennale. After many years of incredible collaborative work, Sam and his partners Charles Holland and Sean Griffiths announced last year that FAT would close this summer.
Sam has a number of strings to his bow, being Professor of Architecture at UIC in Chicago, Director of Night School at the Architectural Association in London, Visiting Professor at Yale School of Architecture, a columnist for Dezeen and Art Review, and contributing editor to Icon (breathe!) As a regular participant in talks and events at venues including MoMA, ICA and the Southbank Centre, we are honoured that he will be joining us to talk at Here London 2014.
Get your tickets here!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- The idyllic and relatable still lifes of Bradley Kerl
- We spoke to the director behind Young Thug's "Wyclef Jean" video
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant