When it comes to marking out influential figures in the contemporary architecture and design industries, we’d have a hard time thinking of a more accomplished innovator than Sam Jacob. As one of the founding directors of FAT Architecture he is responsible for a range of internationally acclaimed projects, cementing FAT’s place as one of the world’s leading post-modern architecture studios. His portfolio includes award winning work for BBC, Igloo, Urban Splash and Selfridges, with many of his projects exhibited at leading galleries and museums including the Victoria & Albert Museum, the MAK in Vienna and the Venice Architecture Biennale. After many years of incredible collaborative work, Sam and his partners Charles Holland and Sean Griffiths announced last year that FAT would close this summer.
Sam has a number of strings to his bow, being Professor of Architecture at UIC in Chicago, Director of Night School at the Architectural Association in London, Visiting Professor at Yale School of Architecture, a columnist for Dezeen and Art Review, and contributing editor to Icon (breathe!) As a regular participant in talks and events at venues including MoMA, ICA and the Southbank Centre, we are honoured that he will be joining us to talk at Here London 2014.
Get your tickets here!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich