As promised, we’ll be posting a profile each week telling you a bit more about each of our amazing Here 2014 speakers, and next up is one of the UK’s hippest documentarians Ewen Spencer.
Over the past 20 years Ewen has emerged as a leading chronicler of British youth culture. Gaining notoriety in the late 1990s for his groundbreaking editorial work at The Face & Sleazenation magazines, he immediately spoke to an audience interested in subcultures, multiculturalism, music and fashion.
His recent film Brandy & Coke took us on a journey back to one of the most exciting eras of UK music, and his personal projects UKG and Open Mic documented the rise of Garage and Grime, with images from both series’ acquired by institutions as prestigious as The Courtauld Institute of Arts and Musee d’Elysee.
We’re honoured to welcome him to the Here London symposium.
Tickets are selling fast so be sure to get yours here to avoid disappointment!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Photographer Damien Maloney on working intuitively and playing with reality
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos