As promised, we’ll be posting a profile each week telling you a bit more about each of our amazing Here 2014 speakers, and next up is one of the UK’s hippest documentarians Ewen Spencer.
Over the past 20 years Ewen has emerged as a leading chronicler of British youth culture. Gaining notoriety in the late 1990s for his groundbreaking editorial work at The Face & Sleazenation magazines, he immediately spoke to an audience interested in subcultures, multiculturalism, music and fashion.
His recent film Brandy & Coke took us on a journey back to one of the most exciting eras of UK music, and his personal projects UKG and Open Mic documented the rise of Garage and Grime, with images from both series’ acquired by institutions as prestigious as The Courtauld Institute of Arts and Musee d’Elysee.
We’re honoured to welcome him to the Here London symposium.
Tickets are selling fast so be sure to get yours here to avoid disappointment!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again