As promised, we’ll be posting a profile each week telling you a bit more about each of our amazing Here 2014 speakers, and next up is one of the UK’s hippest documentarians Ewen Spencer.
Over the past 20 years Ewen has emerged as a leading chronicler of British youth culture. Gaining notoriety in the late 1990s for his groundbreaking editorial work at The Face & Sleazenation magazines, he immediately spoke to an audience interested in subcultures, multiculturalism, music and fashion.
His recent film Brandy & Coke took us on a journey back to one of the most exciting eras of UK music, and his personal projects UKG and Open Mic documented the rise of Garage and Grime, with images from both series’ acquired by institutions as prestigious as The Courtauld Institute of Arts and Musee d’Elysee.
We’re honoured to welcome him to the Here London symposium.
Tickets are selling fast so be sure to get yours here to avoid disappointment!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- American Studies: Jeremy Liebman unpacks his father’s photography archive
- Christian Pardini's Studio Flat creates neat type-based posters, postcards and identity design
- Lynnie Zulu decorates her exotic characters in punchy hues and patterns
- Production Type and Large’s confident and consistent designs for electronic music mag Trax
- Mark Manzi makes a spectacle of spectators at the Queen’s 90th Birthday
- New work from Supermundane show Everything Connects
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round