As promised, we’ll be posting a profile each week telling you a bit more about each of our amazing Here 2014 speakers, and next up is one of the UK’s hippest documentarians Ewen Spencer.
Over the past 20 years Ewen has emerged as a leading chronicler of British youth culture. Gaining notoriety in the late 1990s for his groundbreaking editorial work at The Face & Sleazenation magazines, he immediately spoke to an audience interested in subcultures, multiculturalism, music and fashion.
His recent film Brandy & Coke took us on a journey back to one of the most exciting eras of UK music, and his personal projects UKG and Open Mic documented the rise of Garage and Grime, with images from both series’ acquired by institutions as prestigious as The Courtauld Institute of Arts and Musee d’Elysee.
We’re honoured to welcome him to the Here London symposium.
Tickets are selling fast so be sure to get yours here to avoid disappointment!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant