As promised, we’ll be posting a profile each week telling you a bit more about each of our amazing Here 2014 speakers, and next up is one of the UK’s hippest documentarians Ewen Spencer.
Over the past 20 years Ewen has emerged as a leading chronicler of British youth culture. Gaining notoriety in the late 1990s for his groundbreaking editorial work at The Face & Sleazenation magazines, he immediately spoke to an audience interested in subcultures, multiculturalism, music and fashion.
His recent film Brandy & Coke took us on a journey back to one of the most exciting eras of UK music, and his personal projects UKG and Open Mic documented the rise of Garage and Grime, with images from both series’ acquired by institutions as prestigious as The Courtauld Institute of Arts and Musee d’Elysee.
We’re honoured to welcome him to the Here London symposium.
Tickets are selling fast so be sure to get yours here to avoid disappointment!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery