This year’s Here London line up is an absolute corker, so in anticipation of the big day we’ll be posting regular profiles about each of our amazing speakers!
To kick things off we would like to introduce one of our favourite graphic designers Mirko Borsche, who will be travelling over from Munich to talk about his process and inspirations. Renowned for his content-driven, joyful approach to design and communications, Mirko’s extensive portfolio of classic printed media, websites, music videos, art films, exhibitions, product and fashion design has seen internationally acclaimed creative agency Bureau Mirko Borsche become on one of the most significant contemporary studios.
Mirko has acted as creative director for the national weekly German newspaper Die Zeit, co-founded NEON magazine and has commercial clients including MTV, BMW, Nike, Mercedes-Benz, Levi’s. He’s also worked for cultural institutions such as the Bavarian State Opera and The International Design Museum, and held teaching positions at Bauhaus University, Weimar, and Münster University of Applied Sciences, not to mention serving as a member of judging panel at the Art Directors’ Club Germany, D&AD London and Cannes Lions Design.
He’s a design legend and we can’t wait to hear his words of wisdom!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Kang YeonJi’s beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- Making propaganda about propaganda: Metahaven’s new film considers fantasy and truth in internet culture
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016