This year’s Here London line up is an absolute corker, so in anticipation of the big day we’ll be posting regular profiles about each of our amazing speakers!
To kick things off we would like to introduce one of our favourite graphic designers Mirko Borsche, who will be travelling over from Munich to talk about his process and inspirations. Renowned for his content-driven, joyful approach to design and communications, Mirko’s extensive portfolio of classic printed media, websites, music videos, art films, exhibitions, product and fashion design has seen internationally acclaimed creative agency Bureau Mirko Borsche become on one of the most significant contemporary studios.
Mirko has acted as creative director for the national weekly German newspaper Die Zeit, co-founded NEON magazine and has commercial clients including MTV, BMW, Nike, Mercedes-Benz, Levi’s. He’s also worked for cultural institutions such as the Bavarian State Opera and The International Design Museum, and held teaching positions at Bauhaus University, Weimar, and Münster University of Applied Sciences, not to mention serving as a member of judging panel at the Art Directors’ Club Germany, D&AD London and Cannes Lions Design.
He’s a design legend and we can’t wait to hear his words of wisdom!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- David Wilson directs deeply moving film B.E.N. about using AI robots to tackle loneliness
- Art and About: Charlotte Trounce celebrates the architectural beauty of museums and galleries
- Riikka Laakso’s screenprinted zine is a tribute to Moomin author Tove Jansson
- Sandy Van Helden’s illustrations of contemporary culture
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Juan Aballe’s photographs of pastoral landscapes filled with wanderlust
- Exclusive first interview with new UK Vice.com editor Jamie Clifton