This year’s Here London line up is an absolute corker, so in anticipation of the big day we’ll be posting regular profiles about each of our amazing speakers!
To kick things off we would like to introduce one of our favourite graphic designers Mirko Borsche, who will be travelling over from Munich to talk about his process and inspirations. Renowned for his content-driven, joyful approach to design and communications, Mirko’s extensive portfolio of classic printed media, websites, music videos, art films, exhibitions, product and fashion design has seen internationally acclaimed creative agency Bureau Mirko Borsche become on one of the most significant contemporary studios.
Mirko has acted as creative director for the national weekly German newspaper Die Zeit, co-founded NEON magazine and has commercial clients including MTV, BMW, Nike, Mercedes-Benz, Levi’s. He’s also worked for cultural institutions such as the Bavarian State Opera and The International Design Museum, and held teaching positions at Bauhaus University, Weimar, and Münster University of Applied Sciences, not to mention serving as a member of judging panel at the Art Directors’ Club Germany, D&AD London and Cannes Lions Design.
He’s a design legend and we can’t wait to hear his words of wisdom!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)