This year’s Here London line up is an absolute corker, so in anticipation of the big day we’ll be posting regular profiles about each of our amazing speakers!
To kick things off we would like to introduce one of our favourite graphic designers Mirko Borsche, who will be travelling over from Munich to talk about his process and inspirations. Renowned for his content-driven, joyful approach to design and communications, Mirko’s extensive portfolio of classic printed media, websites, music videos, art films, exhibitions, product and fashion design has seen internationally acclaimed creative agency Bureau Mirko Borsche become on one of the most significant contemporary studios.
Mirko has acted as creative director for the national weekly German newspaper Die Zeit, co-founded NEON magazine and has commercial clients including MTV, BMW, Nike, Mercedes-Benz, Levi’s. He’s also worked for cultural institutions such as the Bavarian State Opera and The International Design Museum, and held teaching positions at Bauhaus University, Weimar, and Münster University of Applied Sciences, not to mention serving as a member of judging panel at the Art Directors’ Club Germany, D&AD London and Cannes Lions Design.
He’s a design legend and we can’t wait to hear his words of wisdom!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Upcoming Eduardo Paolozzi exhibition pairs key works with his daughter’s designs
- The brilliant Mat Maitland is back with more luxuriously surreal collages
- We chat to Snøhetta about designing banknotes, studio rituals and the problems with civic commissions
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Candy colours, surreal scenes and unconventional couples in Bex Day's Manic Ovation series
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography