This year’s Here London line up is an absolute corker, so in anticipation of the big day we’ll be posting regular profiles about each of our amazing speakers!
To kick things off we would like to introduce one of our favourite graphic designers Mirko Borsche, who will be travelling over from Munich to talk about his process and inspirations. Renowned for his content-driven, joyful approach to design and communications, Mirko’s extensive portfolio of classic printed media, websites, music videos, art films, exhibitions, product and fashion design has seen internationally acclaimed creative agency Bureau Mirko Borsche become on one of the most significant contemporary studios.
Mirko has acted as creative director for the national weekly German newspaper Die Zeit, co-founded NEON magazine and has commercial clients including MTV, BMW, Nike, Mercedes-Benz, Levi’s. He’s also worked for cultural institutions such as the Bavarian State Opera and The International Design Museum, and held teaching positions at Bauhaus University, Weimar, and Münster University of Applied Sciences, not to mention serving as a member of judging panel at the Art Directors’ Club Germany, D&AD London and Cannes Lions Design.
He’s a design legend and we can’t wait to hear his words of wisdom!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Four illustrators have their works drawn by Joto at Here 2017
- David Lewandowski’s floppy rubber bodies take over the streets of Japan
- Ella Bucknall tackles the “boy’s club” of political cartooning in her new zine, Whip
- Anna Haifisch bends the rules of comics in new floppy and oversized book, Drifter
- Illustrator Jill Senft creates fun and whimsy with her cavalcade of pink characters
- White Flag project that is tackling global division and the “growing fear of the stranger”
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos