With only 24 hours to go until Here, we thought we’d give you a sneak peek at some of the treats we have lined up for the day. As well as providing a show-stopping schedule of talks from world-renowned creative practitioners, the Royal Geographical Society will be playing host to a number of live elements curated by us throughout the day.
First up is Photobot, the world’s first robotic photobooth (above) who’s been gracing the coolest parties in town all year. Making its next stop at Here, the talking booth will be snapping our guests during the breaks. The marvellous folks at Icon Printing are also providing all attendees with lovely and unique Here screen printed bags.
Also joining us are a talented trio of fortune-telling illustrators who have been making serious waves this year. Sarah Maycock, Kyle Platts and Thomas Slater will be on hand to create weird and wonderful drawings, predicting the futures of our guests.
Taking over the beautiful Lowther Room study, Future Shorts will be showcasing their summer series of award-winning films. The superb selection includes speaker Grant Orchard’s BAFTA winning film, A Morning Stroll.
Last but not least, Studio Music will be providing the soundtrack to Here. A compilation of each of the speaker’s top three tracks they listen to in the studio or find inspiring will play throughout the day creating the perfect backdrop for a day celebrating creativity, practice and process.
- 71-year-old, formerly homeless Romanian collage artist Ion Bârlādeanu opens first UK show
- Glossy nostalgia from fashion photographer Charlotte Wales
- Simon Eeles’ photographic series is “a tender and wry postcard” from Australia
- Andrea Ucini’s conceptual illustrations play with perspective
- “Sensitive, rigorous” graphic design from Parisian Jérémy Glâtre
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know