With only 24 hours to go until Here, we thought we’d give you a sneak peek at some of the treats we have lined up for the day. As well as providing a show-stopping schedule of talks from world-renowned creative practitioners, the Royal Geographical Society will be playing host to a number of live elements curated by us throughout the day.
First up is Photobot, the world’s first robotic photobooth (above) who’s been gracing the coolest parties in town all year. Making its next stop at Here, the talking booth will be snapping our guests during the breaks. The marvellous folks at Icon Printing are also providing all attendees with lovely and unique Here screen printed bags.
Also joining us are a talented trio of fortune-telling illustrators who have been making serious waves this year. Sarah Maycock, Kyle Platts and Thomas Slater will be on hand to create weird and wonderful drawings, predicting the futures of our guests.
Taking over the beautiful Lowther Room study, Future Shorts will be showcasing their summer series of award-winning films. The superb selection includes speaker Grant Orchard’s BAFTA winning film, A Morning Stroll.
Last but not least, Studio Music will be providing the soundtrack to Here. A compilation of each of the speaker’s top three tracks they listen to in the studio or find inspiring will play throughout the day creating the perfect backdrop for a day celebrating creativity, practice and process.
- Jason Shulman captures entire movies in a single image
- Rebecca Chew adds handcrafts to Esquire Singapore’s art direction
- A sublime update of work from photography duo Scheltens & Abbenes
- Brand Union discusses the merits and pitfalls of the design process behind the Tokyo 2020 Olympics logo
- Baker and Alex Simpson’s film on the legacy of modernist architect Wells Coates
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery