With only 24 hours to go until Here, we thought we’d give you a sneak peek at some of the treats we have lined up for the day. As well as providing a show-stopping schedule of talks from world-renowned creative practitioners, the Royal Geographical Society will be playing host to a number of live elements curated by us throughout the day.
First up is Photobot, the world’s first robotic photobooth (above) who’s been gracing the coolest parties in town all year. Making its next stop at Here, the talking booth will be snapping our guests during the breaks. The marvellous folks at Icon Printing are also providing all attendees with lovely and unique Here screen printed bags.
Also joining us are a talented trio of fortune-telling illustrators who have been making serious waves this year. Sarah Maycock, Kyle Platts and Thomas Slater will be on hand to create weird and wonderful drawings, predicting the futures of our guests.
Taking over the beautiful Lowther Room study, Future Shorts will be showcasing their summer series of award-winning films. The superb selection includes speaker Grant Orchard’s BAFTA winning film, A Morning Stroll.
Last but not least, Studio Music will be providing the soundtrack to Here. A compilation of each of the speaker’s top three tracks they listen to in the studio or find inspiring will play throughout the day creating the perfect backdrop for a day celebrating creativity, practice and process.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design