With only 24 hours to go until Here, we thought we’d give you a sneak peek at some of the treats we have lined up for the day. As well as providing a show-stopping schedule of talks from world-renowned creative practitioners, the Royal Geographical Society will be playing host to a number of live elements curated by us throughout the day.
First up is Photobot, the world’s first robotic photobooth (above) who’s been gracing the coolest parties in town all year. Making its next stop at Here, the talking booth will be snapping our guests during the breaks. The marvellous folks at Icon Printing are also providing all attendees with lovely and unique Here screen printed bags.
Also joining us are a talented trio of fortune-telling illustrators who have been making serious waves this year. Sarah Maycock, Kyle Platts and Thomas Slater will be on hand to create weird and wonderful drawings, predicting the futures of our guests.
Taking over the beautiful Lowther Room study, Future Shorts will be showcasing their summer series of award-winning films. The superb selection includes speaker Grant Orchard’s BAFTA winning film, A Morning Stroll.
Last but not least, Studio Music will be providing the soundtrack to Here. A compilation of each of the speaker’s top three tracks they listen to in the studio or find inspiring will play throughout the day creating the perfect backdrop for a day celebrating creativity, practice and process.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s