Now that graduate season is in full swing and many of you will be well on your way to leaving full-time education for good, we’re trying to find some ways for you to cushion the blow of being turfed out into the real world with nothing but a shiny certificate in hand and a gaping hole where your bank balance used to be.
One career-starting enterprise that you should definitely know about is IconPrinting’s latest competition that offers you the opportunity to win a £3,500 package to start-up your own business. All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is submit a design that you think would look great on a T-shirt (it can be something you’ve already designed or a completely fresh piece of work) and in return you’ll be given a shot at £1,000 worth of printed T-shirts with your design on them, a year’s subscription to Shopify, a free ASOS Marketplace boutique for a year, a stand at the next Glug event and £100 worth of business cards. Plus we’ll write about you too!
How’s that for a graduation present? Sounds like a no-brainer to us, so get cracking!
You can submit your design via Twitter @iconprinting or send over an email together with your name and degree course to firstname.lastname@example.org – there’s also some more information available here. Two runners up will also receive 50 T-shirts printed with their design.
The deadline to submit is July 1 2013.
- 71-year-old, formerly homeless Romanian collage artist Ion Bârlādeanu opens first UK show
- Glossy nostalgia from fashion photographer Charlotte Wales
- Simon Eeles’ photographic series is “a tender and wry postcard” from Australia
- Andrea Ucini’s conceptual illustrations play with perspective
- “Sensitive, rigorous” graphic design from Parisian Jérémy Glâtre
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know