There is something enigmatic about the garden gnome, said to protect us from evil sorcery, however I can’t help but think that behind those blank beady eyes, something is going on. IKEA clearly share the same paranoia, and along with ad agency Mother, have produced this pretty hilarious advert to show what the garden gnome are really up to – plotting a sabotage against garden furniture.
Luckily the couple are prepared and manage to fend them off with weapons like a water hose, but the garden gnomes persist and as the video comes to an end, the victory (by a close shave) is to us humans. It seems that many garden gnomes were hurt in the making of this video.
- Fear of a flat planet: Heatherwick Studio’s adventures with clay
- Graphic designer Braulio Amado picks out his favourite posters of 2016 from his new book
- Nice Threads, Mate embroiders throwaway British culture in incredible detail
- The high-powered fashion photography of duo Florence & Nicolas
- Beehives, blondes and boobs: Dolly Faibyshev photographs Dollypalooza
- Bold Decisions tests a type specimen’s form in personable font, Lars
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- Paul Rand’s IBM Graphic Standards Manual to be reissued
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project