There is something enigmatic about the garden gnome, said to protect us from evil sorcery, however I can’t help but think that behind those blank beady eyes, something is going on. IKEA clearly share the same paranoia, and along with ad agency Mother, have produced this pretty hilarious advert to show what the garden gnome are really up to – plotting a sabotage against garden furniture.
Luckily the couple are prepared and manage to fend them off with weapons like a water hose, but the garden gnomes persist and as the video comes to an end, the victory (by a close shave) is to us humans. It seems that many garden gnomes were hurt in the making of this video.
- Alex Sheridan’s hilarious shots of comedian David O’Doherty in sports memorabilia
- Cult magazine Nova and its nods to “eroticism and extortion” photographed in a suitably 70s setting
- Clément Le Tulle-Neyret's considered approach to Strange Designs
- Manita Songserm disregards the rules to create unruly and intriguing work
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?