There are a number of artists who seem to descend upon It’s Nice That from absolutely nowhere with a project so completely brilliant that we’d rather pull our eyeballs out than pass up the opportunity to feature it, and then immediately disappear never to be seen again. However, there is another school of creatives who the site seems to have grown up with, who we find ourselves coming back to every year or so just to see how things have be getting on.
Luke Best is one of the latter. The London-based illustrator is part of the Peepshow Collective, and it’s all we can do to resist featuring him on a monthly basis. Yearly will suffice though and now without the smallest hint of shame we’re back with another update from him. Luke’s work tends to veer gently from collages to a carefully constructed chaos, with no small amount of colour thrown in the mix for good measure, and yet regardless of his medium, he always seems able to make the style work for him, bending to fit various editorial needs. Here’s your dose for a while then but don’t worry there will be more from him soon if we have anything to do with it.
- Ed Carvalho-Monaghan’s line work is translated into knitwear for It’s Nice That’s Unmade collection
- A fierce portrait of the battles, snaps and outrageous outfits of voguing culture from Ewen Spencer
- Artist Andrey Remnev’s hypnotic Russian Medieval-style paintings
- Illustrator Lili des Bellons' chipper images are full of geometric whimsy
- Matt and Dan’s stark graphic posters for Daniel Avery’s Divided Love
- A hotel’s Wes Anderson-esque dated decor and plant life photographed by Ina Niehoff
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- New Adult Swim project from the bonkers people behind some sexy Craigslist animations