We are on the home straight, heading towards In Progress this Friday with a line-up that could make any creative soul salivate. In the last of our In Progress profiles, we have Artangel’s Michael Morris and David Kohn. As you might know already, there are few places gracing London quite like A Room for London: "a ‘boat’ perched, as if by retreating floodwaters, on the very edge of the Queen Elizabeth hall at the Southbank centre.
This project has become one the most distinctive cultural projects of 2012, creating a space that brings together artists, writers and performers in an intimate space with sweeping views of the London skyline. What better way to close what is shaping up to be a fantastically inspiring day than to talk to Michael Morris, co-director of Artangel who was responsible for the commission of A Room for London alongside Living Architecture, as well as David Kohn who designed what is an “observatory, a retreat and a studio” in collaboration with artist Fiona Banner.
They’ll be in conversation with It’s Nice That director Alex Bec, to explore their experiences of idea development through collaboration, and how that process can be applied in a multitude of production forms. They’ll be sharing their insights that on one level has shaped Artangel into a significant international arts organisation over two decades, and on the other, a recipient of numerous awards including RIBA, D&AD and Condé Nast for work in the fields of architecture and urbanism respectively. We literally cannot wait for this one!
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages