We are on the home straight, heading towards In Progress this Friday with a line-up that could make any creative soul salivate. In the last of our In Progress profiles, we have Artangel’s Michael Morris and David Kohn. As you might know already, there are few places gracing London quite like A Room for London: "a ‘boat’ perched, as if by retreating floodwaters, on the very edge of the Queen Elizabeth hall at the Southbank centre.
This project has become one the most distinctive cultural projects of 2012, creating a space that brings together artists, writers and performers in an intimate space with sweeping views of the London skyline. What better way to close what is shaping up to be a fantastically inspiring day than to talk to Michael Morris, co-director of Artangel who was responsible for the commission of A Room for London alongside Living Architecture, as well as David Kohn who designed what is an “observatory, a retreat and a studio” in collaboration with artist Fiona Banner.
They’ll be in conversation with It’s Nice That director Alex Bec, to explore their experiences of idea development through collaboration, and how that process can be applied in a multitude of production forms. They’ll be sharing their insights that on one level has shaped Artangel into a significant international arts organisation over two decades, and on the other, a recipient of numerous awards including RIBA, D&AD and Condé Nast for work in the fields of architecture and urbanism respectively. We literally cannot wait for this one!
- Meet the Swiss duo behind graphic design agency Cécile + Roger
- Offshore Studio on their publication re-appropriating the word “migrant”
- Photographer Damien Maloney on working intuitively and playing with reality
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos