We are on the home straight, heading towards In Progress this Friday with a line-up that could make any creative soul salivate. In the last of our In Progress profiles, we have Artangel’s Michael Morris and David Kohn. As you might know already, there are few places gracing London quite like A Room for London: "a ‘boat’ perched, as if by retreating floodwaters, on the very edge of the Queen Elizabeth hall at the Southbank centre.
This project has become one the most distinctive cultural projects of 2012, creating a space that brings together artists, writers and performers in an intimate space with sweeping views of the London skyline. What better way to close what is shaping up to be a fantastically inspiring day than to talk to Michael Morris, co-director of Artangel who was responsible for the commission of A Room for London alongside Living Architecture, as well as David Kohn who designed what is an “observatory, a retreat and a studio” in collaboration with artist Fiona Banner.
They’ll be in conversation with It’s Nice That director Alex Bec, to explore their experiences of idea development through collaboration, and how that process can be applied in a multitude of production forms. They’ll be sharing their insights that on one level has shaped Artangel into a significant international arts organisation over two decades, and on the other, a recipient of numerous awards including RIBA, D&AD and Condé Nast for work in the fields of architecture and urbanism respectively. We literally cannot wait for this one!
- Oliver Jeffers, Yuri Suzuki, Anna Ginsburg and Jimmy Turrell at Nicer Tuesdays
- An exercise in colour and control: David Hockney’s 82 portraits and one still life at the RA
- Woodstock 1969 immortalised on film by iconic photographer Baron Wolman
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work
- Studio Frith creates Patti Smith-inspired identity for the inaugural Art Night festival
- Cindy Yang’s poignant animation questions the routine and mundanity of life
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round