If it’s pioneering digital and interactive work that tickles your fancy then you’re in luck as this year’s In Progress features Hellicar and Lewis discussing their boundary-pushing attitudes towards technology. In the last four years they’ve worked for the likes of Coca Cola, Intel, Uniqlo, TED and Nokia, producing everything from interactive retail spaces to 24-hour live webcasts that allowed viewers to collaborate in an ongoing musical event. With each new project they demonstrate that they’re consistently at the top of their game.
Founded in 2008, Hellicar and Lewis is a creative studio par excellence comprised of former pro skateboarder and Etnies creative director Pete Hellicar and interaction designer Joel Gethin Lewis. Combining the skills of a seasoned art director and designer with cutting edge programming and interaction design they’re uniquely placed to create work that is both visually engaging and at the very forefront of technological innovation.
At In Progress they will discuss their ideas on innovation in broadcasting, interactive media and the intersection with the real world, specifically examining how existing platforms might be pushed to their limits. More importantly they’ll be exploring how their recent innovations are likely to be developed over the coming years particularly with regard to broadcasting and the generative nature of open sourcing.
- Artful fashion reportage from New York photographer Landon Nordeman
- My Name is Wendy creates beautiful posters celebrating French poet Stéphane Mallarmé
- Experiments in geometric shapes, cut-out, collaged and drawn typography by artist Michael Morris
- Gwendal Le Bec’s new website is chock-full of wonderful new work
- Jonny Seymour’s cute and strange photo series of six-year-old Chinese kids’ “graduation”
- Ibán Ramón creates refreshingly simple identity for a Spanish food festival
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Surreal, disturbing, NSFW and utterly thrilling: the work of Jon Rafman
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Ustwo says RELAX! with new meditation app Pause
- Publishing platform Medium launches its new identity