If it’s pioneering digital and interactive work that tickles your fancy then you’re in luck as this year’s In Progress features Hellicar and Lewis discussing their boundary-pushing attitudes towards technology. In the last four years they’ve worked for the likes of Coca Cola, Intel, Uniqlo, TED and Nokia, producing everything from interactive retail spaces to 24-hour live webcasts that allowed viewers to collaborate in an ongoing musical event. With each new project they demonstrate that they’re consistently at the top of their game.
Founded in 2008, Hellicar and Lewis is a creative studio par excellence comprised of former pro skateboarder and Etnies creative director Pete Hellicar and interaction designer Joel Gethin Lewis. Combining the skills of a seasoned art director and designer with cutting edge programming and interaction design they’re uniquely placed to create work that is both visually engaging and at the very forefront of technological innovation.
At In Progress they will discuss their ideas on innovation in broadcasting, interactive media and the intersection with the real world, specifically examining how existing platforms might be pushed to their limits. More importantly they’ll be exploring how their recent innovations are likely to be developed over the coming years particularly with regard to broadcasting and the generative nature of open sourcing.
- The idyllic and relatable still lifes of Bradley Kerl
- We spoke to the director behind Young Thug's "Wyclef Jean" video
- Illustrator Marina Pcheliakova’s happy characters follow a range of leisure pursuits
- A closer look at the work of “performer and plastic artist” Caroline Denervaud
- Oriele Steiner’s naive pastel works interpret the world around her
- Alan Resnick animates the adventures of his odd little character Johnny Bubble
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant