If it’s pioneering digital and interactive work that tickles your fancy then you’re in luck as this year’s In Progress features Hellicar and Lewis discussing their boundary-pushing attitudes towards technology. In the last four years they’ve worked for the likes of Coca Cola, Intel, Uniqlo, TED and Nokia, producing everything from interactive retail spaces to 24-hour live webcasts that allowed viewers to collaborate in an ongoing musical event. With each new project they demonstrate that they’re consistently at the top of their game.
Founded in 2008, Hellicar and Lewis is a creative studio par excellence comprised of former pro skateboarder and Etnies creative director Pete Hellicar and interaction designer Joel Gethin Lewis. Combining the skills of a seasoned art director and designer with cutting edge programming and interaction design they’re uniquely placed to create work that is both visually engaging and at the very forefront of technological innovation.
At In Progress they will discuss their ideas on innovation in broadcasting, interactive media and the intersection with the real world, specifically examining how existing platforms might be pushed to their limits. More importantly they’ll be exploring how their recent innovations are likely to be developed over the coming years particularly with regard to broadcasting and the generative nature of open sourcing.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- The importance of creative education: why making is as important as maths, reading and science
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Pentagram’s dynamic and shifting identity for a Serbian digital arts festival
- PETA’s x-rated Super Bowl advert banned from TV (NSFW)
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language