If it’s pioneering digital and interactive work that tickles your fancy then you’re in luck as this year’s In Progress features Hellicar and Lewis discussing their boundary-pushing attitudes towards technology. In the last four years they’ve worked for the likes of Coca Cola, Intel, Uniqlo, TED and Nokia, producing everything from interactive retail spaces to 24-hour live webcasts that allowed viewers to collaborate in an ongoing musical event. With each new project they demonstrate that they’re consistently at the top of their game.
Founded in 2008, Hellicar and Lewis is a creative studio par excellence comprised of former pro skateboarder and Etnies creative director Pete Hellicar and interaction designer Joel Gethin Lewis. Combining the skills of a seasoned art director and designer with cutting edge programming and interaction design they’re uniquely placed to create work that is both visually engaging and at the very forefront of technological innovation.
At In Progress they will discuss their ideas on innovation in broadcasting, interactive media and the intersection with the real world, specifically examining how existing platforms might be pushed to their limits. More importantly they’ll be exploring how their recent innovations are likely to be developed over the coming years particularly with regard to broadcasting and the generative nature of open sourcing.
- “Noise, exertion and rebellion”: Ari Marcopoulos’ latest exhibition, Machine
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Greg Barth puts world peace to a public vote in satirical film, Epic Fail
- Julia Petrova conveys mystery and darkness in her landscape illustrations
- Deividas Buivydas documents Boston, Lincolnshire, a town known as “the face of Brexit"
- Justin Sloane applies his blunt and nuanced ethos to multidisciplinary design
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s