If it’s pioneering digital and interactive work that tickles your fancy then you’re in luck as this year’s In Progress features Hellicar and Lewis discussing their boundary-pushing attitudes towards technology. In the last four years they’ve worked for the likes of Coca Cola, Intel, Uniqlo, TED and Nokia, producing everything from interactive retail spaces to 24-hour live webcasts that allowed viewers to collaborate in an ongoing musical event. With each new project they demonstrate that they’re consistently at the top of their game.
Founded in 2008, Hellicar and Lewis is a creative studio par excellence comprised of former pro skateboarder and Etnies creative director Pete Hellicar and interaction designer Joel Gethin Lewis. Combining the skills of a seasoned art director and designer with cutting edge programming and interaction design they’re uniquely placed to create work that is both visually engaging and at the very forefront of technological innovation.
At In Progress they will discuss their ideas on innovation in broadcasting, interactive media and the intersection with the real world, specifically examining how existing platforms might be pushed to their limits. More importantly they’ll be exploring how their recent innovations are likely to be developed over the coming years particularly with regard to broadcasting and the generative nature of open sourcing.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"