Remember that day last summer when everyone got up early to ring bells in what was one of the most heart-warming, unifying events of the last decade? Did you travel across the country just to get a bounce on Jeremy Deller’s Stone Henge? Well, involved with the cultural Olympiad or not, one thing is true, and that is it was bloody hard to miss.
Ruth Mackenzie joined the London Organising Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games in January 2010, and went on to curate the London 2012 Festival, which saw thousands of artists from across the country put on shows and events to highlight the strength and diversity of the art scene in Great Britain. At In Progress this December, Ruth will be our keynote speaker, celebrating an amazing period of creativity and filling us in on the preparation and planning involved in curating such a mammoth event.
Ruth’s career has been nothing short of legendary, with a culture-rammed CV including working for the Barbican, BBC, Tate, The Young Vic and even the London Symphony Orchestra. Thought you were a culture-vulture? Think again. Hear how the Cultural Olympiad may influence and shape our cultural landscape in 2013 and beyond this December at In Progress, there’s only a small number of tickets left!
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Nike pattern designer Jeremy Pettis' psychedelic illustration side project
- Illustrator Charlotte Ager’s evocative and multilayered drawings
- Meet London-based illustrator, animator and curator Joey Yu
- Best of the Web, your antidote to Friday the 13th!
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant