Seen the new knee-melting Beyonce for H&M swimwear campaign? That was shot by Inez and Vinoodh. But who are Inez and Vinoodh? They’re a Dutch couple who have been arguably one of the most important duos in the fashion world for the last 20 years. Their seemingly endless contribution to high-end fashion adverts in magazines is nothing but staggering. Looking through their portfolio now and seeing adverts that I tore out and stuck on my wall during puberty is making me kind of emotional.
Not merely famed for singlehandedly making clothing adverts works of art, Inez and Vinoodh also take some of the most exquisite, revealing portraits of the more famous humans on the planet today. That portrait of Clint Eastwood in the smoke! Mind blowing.
- Cheer Up Luv: the photography project sharing womens' experiences with sexual harassment
- “Bold, concise, minimalist and sometimes abstract”: a look at Jeong Hwa Min’s new illustrative approach
- Patrik Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colour characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- Hacking Heidelberg: how Erik Spiekermann came to reinvent the printing process
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU