Seen the new knee-melting Beyonce for H&M swimwear campaign? That was shot by Inez and Vinoodh. But who are Inez and Vinoodh? They’re a Dutch couple who have been arguably one of the most important duos in the fashion world for the last 20 years. Their seemingly endless contribution to high-end fashion adverts in magazines is nothing but staggering. Looking through their portfolio now and seeing adverts that I tore out and stuck on my wall during puberty is making me kind of emotional.
Not merely famed for singlehandedly making clothing adverts works of art, Inez and Vinoodh also take some of the most exquisite, revealing portraits of the more famous humans on the planet today. That portrait of Clint Eastwood in the smoke! Mind blowing.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design