Tucked quietly away in Inge Jacobsen’s brilliant portfolio beneath a whole selection of embroidered magazine covers is a collection of pages, from high-end ads to glossy editorial shoots, adorned with sultry-eyed, scantily-clad pornstars sprawled sexily across them. In thread.
Inge has an unbelievable talent with a needle, as we discovered when we first came across her work last september, and were wowed by incredibly convincing blocks of skin in varying tones, long wavy tendrils of hair, and the almost photographic detail common to almost all of her work. This bunch of sexy ladies are a huge step forward from Beyoncé’s drastic embroidered makeover, but by planting sexy images in an unexpected setting so that it’s only on second glance that you realise that, yeah, that perfume ad has actually been hijacked by a curvaceous honey pulling her knickers down, Inge makes sure she keeps us on our toes. What’s more, she does so in a medium best-loved by old ladies and cross-stitchers. Who knew pornography and needlework could overlap so seamlessly?
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan