Tucked quietly away in Inge Jacobsen’s brilliant portfolio beneath a whole selection of embroidered magazine covers is a collection of pages, from high-end ads to glossy editorial shoots, adorned with sultry-eyed, scantily-clad pornstars sprawled sexily across them. In thread.
Inge has an unbelievable talent with a needle, as we discovered when we first came across her work last september, and were wowed by incredibly convincing blocks of skin in varying tones, long wavy tendrils of hair, and the almost photographic detail common to almost all of her work. This bunch of sexy ladies are a huge step forward from Beyoncé’s drastic embroidered makeover, but by planting sexy images in an unexpected setting so that it’s only on second glance that you realise that, yeah, that perfume ad has actually been hijacked by a curvaceous honey pulling her knickers down, Inge makes sure she keeps us on our toes. What’s more, she does so in a medium best-loved by old ladies and cross-stitchers. Who knew pornography and needlework could overlap so seamlessly?
- The idyllic and relatable still lifes of Bradley Kerl
- We spoke to the director behind Young Thug's "Wyclef Jean" video
- Illustrator Marina Pcheliakova’s happy characters follow a range of leisure pursuits
- A closer look at the work of “performer and plastic artist” Caroline Denervaud
- Oriele Steiner’s naive pastel works interpret the world around her
- Alan Resnick animates the adventures of his odd little character Johnny Bubble
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant