New year, new you? It’s none of our business frankly and if you were to ask us we’d say we like you just the way you are (yes even those bits). But new year, new It’s Nice That intern? You better believe it baby! And so we are delighted to introduce Anna Trench who’ll be with us for the next 10 weeks or so as we take our creativity-championing to the next level in 2013 (still looks weird writing that). But enough of this, let’s find out a bit more about our newest recruit. Take it away Anna…
How do you explain what you do to your parents?
If I needed to, I’d say I draw and write a bit.
Who do you look like?
Someone once said a young Judith Butler. Hair’s grown, but I’ll take that.
Did your education count?
Mostly, and what seemed not to count at the time will no doubt count the most later. I did an art foundation at Falmouth, read English at Cambridge, then stayed another year as artist in residence.
What’s the best mistake you have ever made?
Spilling ink in the right place.
When did you realise that this is what you were good at?
I’m not sure I have…
What rules do you live by?
Nike’s – and be nice.
What makes your day?
Scoring a goal.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
What one thing would you like to be remembered by/for?
I’ll show you when I’ve done it.
What’s your favourite combination?
Marmite and banana.
What’s the funniest thing you have EVER seen?
Shoot me, but I’m still a sucker for cats on two legs.
- Brian Griffin's haunting new photography book documents paths that led to the Holocaust
- Japanese designer Tadashi Ueda is back with some ambiguously playful posters
- Great design redressing scuzzy skate aesthetics for new totally rad boardsports mag
- Eric Shaw's abstract looped paintings start as digital sketches
- The Midlands folk who celebrate all-things American, shot beautifully by Tom Martin
- Matthew Brooks documents the eerie homes of mid-century Italian-Canadian immigrants
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)