New year, new you? It’s none of our business frankly and if you were to ask us we’d say we like you just the way you are (yes even those bits). But new year, new It’s Nice That intern? You better believe it baby! And so we are delighted to introduce Anna Trench who’ll be with us for the next 10 weeks or so as we take our creativity-championing to the next level in 2013 (still looks weird writing that). But enough of this, let’s find out a bit more about our newest recruit. Take it away Anna…
How do you explain what you do to your parents?
If I needed to, I’d say I draw and write a bit.
Who do you look like?
Someone once said a young Judith Butler. Hair’s grown, but I’ll take that.
Did your education count?
Mostly, and what seemed not to count at the time will no doubt count the most later. I did an art foundation at Falmouth, read English at Cambridge, then stayed another year as artist in residence.
What’s the best mistake you have ever made?
Spilling ink in the right place.
When did you realise that this is what you were good at?
I’m not sure I have…
What rules do you live by?
Nike’s – and be nice.
What makes your day?
Scoring a goal.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
What one thing would you like to be remembered by/for?
I’ll show you when I’ve done it.
What’s your favourite combination?
Marmite and banana.
What’s the funniest thing you have EVER seen?
Shoot me, but I’m still a sucker for cats on two legs.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant