New year, new you? It’s none of our business frankly and if you were to ask us we’d say we like you just the way you are (yes even those bits). But new year, new It’s Nice That intern? You better believe it baby! And so we are delighted to introduce Anna Trench who’ll be with us for the next 10 weeks or so as we take our creativity-championing to the next level in 2013 (still looks weird writing that). But enough of this, let’s find out a bit more about our newest recruit. Take it away Anna…
How do you explain what you do to your parents?
If I needed to, I’d say I draw and write a bit.
Who do you look like?
Someone once said a young Judith Butler. Hair’s grown, but I’ll take that.
Did your education count?
Mostly, and what seemed not to count at the time will no doubt count the most later. I did an art foundation at Falmouth, read English at Cambridge, then stayed another year as artist in residence.
What’s the best mistake you have ever made?
Spilling ink in the right place.
When did you realise that this is what you were good at?
I’m not sure I have…
What rules do you live by?
Nike’s – and be nice.
What makes your day?
Scoring a goal.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
What one thing would you like to be remembered by/for?
I’ll show you when I’ve done it.
What’s your favourite combination?
Marmite and banana.
What’s the funniest thing you have EVER seen?
Shoot me, but I’m still a sucker for cats on two legs.
- Swedish artist Ekta reconsiders simple geometric shapes
- Rob Bailey talks through creating over 40 posters for London Underground
- Costa Rican illustrator Adrian Mangel draws the modern American landscape
- Ellen van Engelen takes us on a trip with her psychedelic illustrations
- Swiss creative agency Raffinerie displays expertise in graphic and type design
- The It’s Nice That Podcast: Discussing the form and function of money
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know