For the last three years, we have selected the most exciting new talent emerging from UK universities and presented them in our annual showcase, The Graduates. We asked a number of these preternaturally gifted lot to create packs for the excellent Granimator™ iPad app, created by ustwo™. We are very pleased to announce that they are great and free and ready to download! The illustrators/designers responsible are Jack Hudson, Sarah Maycock, Tom Edwards and Mike Guppy. Here’s a quick sneak peak at each of their packs…
Granimator is a kit of parts created by artists, designers, studios, illustrators etc. You can manipulate and manoeuvre each element into you own compositions and save, upload and download each wallpaper straight onto your iPad and the Granimator library.
Illustrator Jack Hudson has created Cosmic Worlds, a snapshot of an adventure based in an imaginative landscape he one day hopes to inhabit. It comes complete with its own soundtrack too! (With special thanks to Soph Lawrence AKA The Moth’s Trail.)
Sarah Maycock usually works with paint and ink, using the sides of her paper as an experimentation ground. In her app Bits and Bobs, these happy accidents can be composed into playfully abstract and colourful collages, naturally accompanied by some piano chords…
Mike Guppy has designed a tool for meta-procrastination in the form of his pack, Desktop. Do you dream of being able to arrange your desk even when your not at it? No, well, no need! Create the perfect workspace, or arrange your virtual desktop in ways never thought possible.
Finally, Tom Edwards has put his borderline obsession with all things ancient to good use. His app lets you collect columns, rearrange Roman statues and countless other creative allitations of objects from the olden days, ready to build your own Ancient Wonders.
You can download the app for free from the iTunes store.
- Scarlett O’Flaherty’s photographs focus on social documentary and slow-journalism
- Fatima Al Qadiri is mono.kultur magazine’s latest muse
- Michael DeForge’s mysterious, ominous illustrations
- Jesús Sotés folkish work draws darker themes into his commercial illustration
- Alex Blouin shoots petrolheads at Canada’s biggest car show
- Designer Cindy Kutikova on translating her ideas into a visual language
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus