For the last three years, we have selected the most exciting new talent emerging from UK universities and presented them in our annual showcase, The Graduates. We asked a number of these preternaturally gifted lot to create packs for the excellent Granimator™ iPad app, created by ustwo™. We are very pleased to announce that they are great and free and ready to download! The illustrators/designers responsible are Jack Hudson, Sarah Maycock, Tom Edwards and Mike Guppy. Here’s a quick sneak peak at each of their packs…
Granimator is a kit of parts created by artists, designers, studios, illustrators etc. You can manipulate and manoeuvre each element into you own compositions and save, upload and download each wallpaper straight onto your iPad and the Granimator library.
Illustrator Jack Hudson has created Cosmic Worlds, a snapshot of an adventure based in an imaginative landscape he one day hopes to inhabit. It comes complete with its own soundtrack too! (With special thanks to Soph Lawrence AKA The Moth’s Trail.)
Sarah Maycock usually works with paint and ink, using the sides of her paper as an experimentation ground. In her app Bits and Bobs, these happy accidents can be composed into playfully abstract and colourful collages, naturally accompanied by some piano chords…
Mike Guppy has designed a tool for meta-procrastination in the form of his pack, Desktop. Do you dream of being able to arrange your desk even when your not at it? No, well, no need! Create the perfect workspace, or arrange your virtual desktop in ways never thought possible.
Finally, Tom Edwards has put his borderline obsession with all things ancient to good use. His app lets you collect columns, rearrange Roman statues and countless other creative allitations of objects from the olden days, ready to build your own Ancient Wonders.
You can download the app for free from the iTunes store.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016