For the last three years, we have selected the most exciting new talent emerging from UK universities and presented them in our annual showcase, The Graduates. We asked a number of these preternaturally gifted lot to create packs for the excellent Granimator™ iPad app, created by ustwo™. We are very pleased to announce that they are great and free and ready to download! The illustrators/designers responsible are Jack Hudson, Sarah Maycock, Tom Edwards and Mike Guppy. Here’s a quick sneak peak at each of their packs…
Granimator is a kit of parts created by artists, designers, studios, illustrators etc. You can manipulate and manoeuvre each element into you own compositions and save, upload and download each wallpaper straight onto your iPad and the Granimator library.
Illustrator Jack Hudson has created Cosmic Worlds, a snapshot of an adventure based in an imaginative landscape he one day hopes to inhabit. It comes complete with its own soundtrack too! (With special thanks to Soph Lawrence AKA The Moth’s Trail.)
Sarah Maycock usually works with paint and ink, using the sides of her paper as an experimentation ground. In her app Bits and Bobs, these happy accidents can be composed into playfully abstract and colourful collages, naturally accompanied by some piano chords…
Mike Guppy has designed a tool for meta-procrastination in the form of his pack, Desktop. Do you dream of being able to arrange your desk even when your not at it? No, well, no need! Create the perfect workspace, or arrange your virtual desktop in ways never thought possible.
Finally, Tom Edwards has put his borderline obsession with all things ancient to good use. His app lets you collect columns, rearrange Roman statues and countless other creative allitations of objects from the olden days, ready to build your own Ancient Wonders.
You can download the app for free from the iTunes store.
- Parterre de Rois: the Black issue features Anish Kapoor and Nina Chanel Abney
- Noah Beckwith’s experimental approach to his “stream-of-consciousness” posters
- Talya Modlin shares illustrated gems from her sketchbook
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors
- The exploratory and exciting typefaces of Out of the Dark
- MullenLowe Group’s Global Creative Officer José Miguel Sokoloff on judging CSM's degree shows
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris