On Friday 27 September, myself and Alex are heading over to New York for nine days to catch-up with some familiar faces as well as meet a number of new ones. While we’re there we will also be speaking at Parsons for AIGA on the theme of “International Perspectives”. We’ll cover how It’s Nice That started and grew alongside our sister agency INT Works as well as discuss some broader thoughts on the relationship between the two and the challenges and opportunities we have. There’s more information on the link below as well as details of tickets, we’ll also be going for some drinks after if you want to say hello, more details to follow (most likely through Twitter, follow us here – @itsnicethat)
In between all of this we want to know what else we should go an see, so if you’re living, studying, working or have recently returned from New York we want to hear from you! What should we go and see, where should we go and eat and drink, etc… Please let us know what you think in the comments section below. Thanks, and see you in New York!
- Cats flying out of speakers and our technology addiction: highlights from Channel 4 Random Acts
- Kyle Bean's tactile simulacrums are brought to life with wit and precision
- Margot Bowman rethinks the selfie and the future of personalisation
- Warriors Studio and Freytag Anderson explore process and dialogue in new identity for GDFS 16
- Gorgeous Memphis-inspired, primary colour-packed work from Benjamin Rawson
- A cacophony of styles come together for this wacky promo animation for Gutter Fest
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- The best design courses in the UK, according to The Guardian University Guide 2017
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"