Seeing as a specially-made, handcrafted playlist is the most romantic of gifts, this is the first instalment of what will hopefully prove to be a long and fruitful relationship between the It’s Nice That studio and you, our audience. Yep, that’s right. It’s only a bloody It’s Nice That Monthly Mixtape. Seeing as this is the first playlist to grace the pages of It’s Nice That, we decided to give it the theme of Beginnings, which is perhaps more evident in some songs than others.
From tracks people listened to at the start of the Notting Hill Carnival, to songs that just give you that tingly feeling that something is just around the corner, we hope you enjoy this rather varied selection of tracks compiled entirely by the It’s Nice That team.
You can listen to it on Spotify via this link
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Patrick Kyle uses analogue and digital techniques in these pared-back illustrations
- Audrey Weber’s eccentrically enlarged figurative illustrations
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- The Smudge: Clay Hickson and Liana Jegers launch publication in reaction to US presidential result
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio