Seeing as a specially-made, handcrafted playlist is the most romantic of gifts, this is the first instalment of what will hopefully prove to be a long and fruitful relationship between the It’s Nice That studio and you, our audience. Yep, that’s right. It’s only a bloody It’s Nice That Monthly Mixtape. Seeing as this is the first playlist to grace the pages of It’s Nice That, we decided to give it the theme of Beginnings, which is perhaps more evident in some songs than others.
From tracks people listened to at the start of the Notting Hill Carnival, to songs that just give you that tingly feeling that something is just around the corner, we hope you enjoy this rather varied selection of tracks compiled entirely by the It’s Nice That team.
You can listen to it on Spotify via this link
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale