It’s been a while since we’ve seen some really scathing illustration work on It’s Nice That, so let’s go! Jack Felgate has provided us with some laughs today with his charming array of paintings featuring lovely anecdotes such as “TV isn’t bad for you, being stupid is” and “Touch me or else I shall curse you” (coming from a wooden plank wearing some spectacles).
Flicking through his back catalogue it becomes apparent that Jack’s work has changed quite a lot over the past few years, running in waves of funny, scary, insulting and downright rude. His brilliance lies in his ability to make even a picture of a horseshoe floating in the sky look strangely menacing. We don’t care if there’s swear words in the images, we absolutely love them.
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio