It’s been a while since we’ve seen some really scathing illustration work on It’s Nice That, so let’s go! Jack Felgate has provided us with some laughs today with his charming array of paintings featuring lovely anecdotes such as “TV isn’t bad for you, being stupid is” and “Touch me or else I shall curse you” (coming from a wooden plank wearing some spectacles).
Flicking through his back catalogue it becomes apparent that Jack’s work has changed quite a lot over the past few years, running in waves of funny, scary, insulting and downright rude. His brilliance lies in his ability to make even a picture of a horseshoe floating in the sky look strangely menacing. We don’t care if there’s swear words in the images, we absolutely love them.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery