Few brands have a stronger association with brilliant British design than Jaguar and so the chance to customise its latest model is a pretty spectacular one. But at next month’s Clerkenwell Design Week one creative will get that opportunity, with the final piece becoming one of the centrepieces of the much-respected design festival.
The challenge is to come up with a concept wrap for the Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé, a car which encapsulates Jaguar’s commitment to “fearless design.” And so designers, illustrators, artists, photographers are being challenged to create a visual that builds on this concept, which Jaguar’s Director of Design Ian Callum and his team will then make a reality.
To enter you need to submit a single image on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #FearlessDesign and any concept and inspirations should be explained in 140 characters. It’s a great opportunity to work with such a creatively-led brand and have your work seen by London’s design community at Clerkenwell Design Week. Entries close a week today though – Monday 21 April – so what are you waiting for?
- Photographer Peter Anderson on his experiments with a Widelux camera and their "wonderful distortions"
- "We are visual storytellers": studio Córdova Canillas talks us through the redesign of Fucking Young! magazine
- A sneak peak into Patrick Kyle’s new comic, Night Door
- Liam Cobb illustrates the collapse of the Heygate Estate in latest comic Conditioner
- “Imagination doesn’t compare to our real life design history”: Annie Atkins on the art of graphic design for film
- X-Rated Adult Movie Posters of the 60s and 70s celebrates gloriously crude B-movie artwork
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc