Few brands have a stronger association with brilliant British design than Jaguar and so the chance to customise its latest model is a pretty spectacular one. But at next month’s Clerkenwell Design Week one creative will get that opportunity, with the final piece becoming one of the centrepieces of the much-respected design festival.
The challenge is to come up with a concept wrap for the Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé, a car which encapsulates Jaguar’s commitment to “fearless design.” And so designers, illustrators, artists, photographers are being challenged to create a visual that builds on this concept, which Jaguar’s Director of Design Ian Callum and his team will then make a reality.
To enter you need to submit a single image on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #FearlessDesign and any concept and inspirations should be explained in 140 characters. It’s a great opportunity to work with such a creatively-led brand and have your work seen by London’s design community at Clerkenwell Design Week. Entries close a week today though – Monday 21 April – so what are you waiting for?
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- How I Got Here: Kim Gehrig, director
- Founder and creative director of ManvsMachine, Mike Alderson on his most-loved books
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)