Rarely am I one to be woo-ed by gadgets. The constant battle to keep up with the latest and greatest technology can become a bit of a mammoth challenge, but when something comes along that subjects you to the kind of joy that Jambox brings – the love seeps back in. Jambox is simply put, a brilliant wireless speaker. But when I say brilliant, I mean really brilliant. Forget the tininess of your standard portable audio devices and welcome full spectrum sound. Oh, did I mention it’s also completely sync-able with all of your wireless devices and is a speakerphone? We may be late getting one (released in November) but it’s been well worth it.
We’ve also heard on the grapevine that Jambox will also be the star of the show of Jamscape at the upcoming Milan furniture fair. Jamscape is an audio experiment developed in partnership with Yves Behar of One Laptop per Child Fame alongside Dezeen and simply put, they are using the Jamboxes as building blocks to create an immersive environment liberating and unleashing sound. Roll on April 11 when we can see it for ourselves…
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood