Rarely am I one to be woo-ed by gadgets. The constant battle to keep up with the latest and greatest technology can become a bit of a mammoth challenge, but when something comes along that subjects you to the kind of joy that Jambox brings – the love seeps back in. Jambox is simply put, a brilliant wireless speaker. But when I say brilliant, I mean really brilliant. Forget the tininess of your standard portable audio devices and welcome full spectrum sound. Oh, did I mention it’s also completely sync-able with all of your wireless devices and is a speakerphone? We may be late getting one (released in November) but it’s been well worth it.
We’ve also heard on the grapevine that Jambox will also be the star of the show of Jamscape at the upcoming Milan furniture fair. Jamscape is an audio experiment developed in partnership with Yves Behar of One Laptop per Child Fame alongside Dezeen and simply put, they are using the Jamboxes as building blocks to create an immersive environment liberating and unleashing sound. Roll on April 11 when we can see it for ourselves…
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale