Jen Dessinger is another photographer who seems to have slipped right through our fingers until now. She describes herself as a travel and portrait photographer, though her portfolio suggests that the breadth of her work spreads far further than those two designated fields, counting as she does AnOther Magazine, Australian Vogue and Dazed & Confused among the clients on her eclectic list.
This series Quinceñera sees her photograph the guests at a Mexican party for a girl’s 15th birthday, ranging from the elaborately dressed scowling birthday girl to the members of the band and guests attending. The glaring honesty and challenging gaze of her subjects is emphasised by the simplicity of her compositions – a very effective combination which is echoed across many of her other projects.
- Sean and Seng travelled to Mongolia to shoot for Arena Homme+
- Joshua T Gibbons provides an insight into the relaxed bachelor lifestyle of Cockney Stan
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Latvian illustrator Zane Zlemeša's delicately painted drawings
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Linda Brownlee’s beautiful photography book captures family life in a Sicilian village
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich