It may be telling that comedians have often been at the forefront of those finding new and interesting ways to disseminate content in the online sphere. Ricky Gervais and Richard Herring have circumvented traditional commissioning frustrations by putting out offerings directly to their fans, while across the pond arguably the biggest American comedian has followed suit. A year ago we waxed lyrical about Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, a fairly self-explanatory video series with guests including Alec Baldwin, Larry David and Gervais himself.
Now Jerry’s back with a new series, so far featuring the likes of Sarah Silverman, David Letterman and Don Rickles. The triumvirate of obsessions is still there – comedy, cars and long, lingering shots of steaming coffee – but there seems to be a renewed confidence; the videos are longer but have lost none of their charm. Well worth checking out.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages