It may be telling that comedians have often been at the forefront of those finding new and interesting ways to disseminate content in the online sphere. Ricky Gervais and Richard Herring have circumvented traditional commissioning frustrations by putting out offerings directly to their fans, while across the pond arguably the biggest American comedian has followed suit. A year ago we waxed lyrical about Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, a fairly self-explanatory video series with guests including Alec Baldwin, Larry David and Gervais himself.
Now Jerry’s back with a new series, so far featuring the likes of Sarah Silverman, David Letterman and Don Rickles. The triumvirate of obsessions is still there – comedy, cars and long, lingering shots of steaming coffee – but there seems to be a renewed confidence; the videos are longer but have lost none of their charm. Well worth checking out.
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)