It may be telling that comedians have often been at the forefront of those finding new and interesting ways to disseminate content in the online sphere. Ricky Gervais and Richard Herring have circumvented traditional commissioning frustrations by putting out offerings directly to their fans, while across the pond arguably the biggest American comedian has followed suit. A year ago we waxed lyrical about Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, a fairly self-explanatory video series with guests including Alec Baldwin, Larry David and Gervais himself.
Now Jerry’s back with a new series, so far featuring the likes of Sarah Silverman, David Letterman and Don Rickles. The triumvirate of obsessions is still there – comedy, cars and long, lingering shots of steaming coffee – but there seems to be a renewed confidence; the videos are longer but have lost none of their charm. Well worth checking out.
- Rodion Kitaev illustrates the goings on of an office party in mammoth detail
- Makings of a Man: It’s Nice That and Harry’s invite you to be a life model for a day
- A higgledy-piggledy, funny yet tragic tale: The Romance of the Skeleton
- Tiago Galo’s refreshing, travel-themed illustrations remind us of sunnier times
- Artist Morgan Blair on her “pathological need to make you laugh”
- Lennarts & de Bruijn’s “hot as hell” campaign for Utrecht club, Ekko
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books