It may be telling that comedians have often been at the forefront of those finding new and interesting ways to disseminate content in the online sphere. Ricky Gervais and Richard Herring have circumvented traditional commissioning frustrations by putting out offerings directly to their fans, while across the pond arguably the biggest American comedian has followed suit. A year ago we waxed lyrical about Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, a fairly self-explanatory video series with guests including Alec Baldwin, Larry David and Gervais himself.
Now Jerry’s back with a new series, so far featuring the likes of Sarah Silverman, David Letterman and Don Rickles. The triumvirate of obsessions is still there – comedy, cars and long, lingering shots of steaming coffee – but there seems to be a renewed confidence; the videos are longer but have lost none of their charm. Well worth checking out.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”