Follow singer Nick Cave and director John Hillcoat on a somewhat seedy journey into what looks like the Reeperbahn or on of the more dimly lit alleyways of Amsterdam’s red light district. In this new and slightly NSFW music video for Nick Cave’s Jubilee Street, director John Hillcoat transforms Ray Winstone into a rather distressingly sad older gentlemen calling on ladies of the night for a good time.
Winstone takes a shine to one lady in particular and continues to return to her night after night, kissing her ankles and worshipping her like a Goddess. Put Nick Cave’s swaggering, heart-wrenching tones over these smokey, dimly lit scenes and you’ve got yourself a near-perfect music video.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan