California-born, New York-based photographer Jonathan Fasulo has shot for a range of clients including Adidas, H&M and Elite NYC. In the summer of 2014 he travelled to Montana to catch up with family and visited the small town of Browning in Glacier County, near the Blackfeet Indian reservation. Each July the North American Indian Tribes Days Festival is held in the town which Jonathan describes as “a mixture of county fair, family reunion, dance and rodeo competition.”
The images Jonathan took have been compiled into a photobook called Blackfeet that shows how traditions are being passed between generations at the event through food dance and celebration. The book offers a glimpse of how Native Americans are striving to retain their heritage in the modern world.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU