Since copy and pasting the lyrics to The Spice Girls’ Mama a few weeks back, I kind of can’t resist doing it again. Instead of writing some quirky intro using my BRAIN i’m just going to copy and paste a quirky intro using my INTERNET. Without further ado, here’s a snippet of the lyrics to The Sugababes’ 2005 hit, Push The Button (they are back together, after all)
everybody sing along!
I’m busy throwing hints that he keeps missing
Don’t have to think about it
I Wanna kiss and
Everything around it but he’s too distant
I wanna feel his body
I can’t resist it
I know my hidden looks can be deceiving
But how obvious should a girl be?
I was taken by the early conversation piece
And I really like the way that he respect me
I’ve been waiting patiently for him to come and get it
I wonder if he knows that he can say it and I’m with it
I knew I had my mind made up from the very beginning
Catch this opportunity so you and me could feel it ’cos
If you’re ready for me boy
You’d better push the button and let me know
Before I get the wrong idea and go
You’re gonna miss the freak that I control
I’m busy showing him what he’s been missing
I’m kind of showing off for his full attention
My sexy ass has got him in the new dimension
I’m ready to do something to relieve this mission
Best of the Site
Loads of stuff this week, yeah, nice project here with a man squatting his way around the sights of Paris, a nod to the weird 90s in this video of someone playing Massive Attack’s Teardrop with vegetables and some truly, truly lovely graphic design from the ever-brilliant Hort.
Best of Best of the Web
Saw this image, listened to Imagine and then cried at my desk, cheers Yoko. Luckily there was this funny article by the marvellous Lena Dunham and these shockingly bad book covers from the days of yore. Yikes!
Best of the Rest
Who cares about the rest, I mean really. No, we do, promise. Can’t say no to a truly fascinating look into the mind of Jack White from AnOther Magazine, TIME gave us a selection of photos of the contemporary world crashing into the world of the Vatican and The L Magazine recited a grim eulogy to the death of the full-length album.
Tweet of the Week
“Please please please
oh GOD please.
Please don’t make anymore music @katenash"
We were all thinking about it. It took @thelukeholloway to say it.
Project that makes you want to vom of the week
This man ate food and then digested it. We all do this every day, so why is this so gross? BECAUSE HE PHOTOGRAPHED IT ON A PLATE. Gabriel Morais, this is the best and worst thing I have ever seen. I’ll never eat sweetcorn again.
Slightly irritating pop music comeback of the week
hearing JoJo scream “GET OUTTTTTTT” in her 2004 hit Leave, Get Out kind of made my puberty even more hilarious. So now guess who’s back on the scene? Oh yes, it’s JoJo! And my, hasn’t she blossomed? Not just aesthetically, oh no, as a songwriter. Check out this fan-made video which definitely doesn’t get any lyrics to her new song incorrect in the slightest (go to 1:48)
Disgusting place to eat your food of the week
Just kidding! This toilet is really nice, and it’s a cafe! When suggesting going with a friend of mine, her first concern was that it may smell of wee, but I really don’t think that’s an issue, it looks very swanky. Form an orderly queue for The Attendant?
Interesting Hanson photo of the week
You heard it. Deep.
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality