‘Karen Langley – Stylist’ is pretty much all the information we get on her website, but we know Karen is much more than that. Starting at age 19 and now Fashion Director of Dazed and Confused magazine, one of the most highly regarded fashion bibles of all time, Karen is one powerful lady.
When skimming through her online portfolio – complete with pleasingly large and seemingly glossy images – it takes about four seconds to realise that not only is almost every image filled solely with women, but that Karen has transformed them from mere models into mighty goddesses with a take-no-prisoners attitude. Powerful!
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?