Here’s an exclusive for all you lucky lunchtime lurkers, the premiere of We Were Evergreen’s brand new video Belong is happening right here, right now. Rather than a smörgåsbord of poignant close-ups and intricate instruments, We Were Evergreen has kicked it up a notch by joining forces with the ever brilliant, Kate Moross for the visuals.
We’re treated to a medley of psychedelic shades, simple lettering and joyous beats all working melodiously with each other. Having worked with the musical trio on their artwork previously, the video seemed like the next logical step. “After completing the single and album work with We Were Evergreen we were excited to bring the print work to life with animation.”
Studio Moross goes onto say: “For the lyric video we took the collaged layers and typography from the campaign and created a simple textural video that plays close attention to the syllables and musical details within the song. The end result is a simple visualiser that is a perfect continuation of our collaboration with the band, and adds more dimension to the aesthetic of the campaign.” The animation fits perfectly with the ethos behind the song. A seamless blend of creativity and enjoyment, it’s the perfect antidote to the Monday morning blues.
- The sun's shining, the weather is sweet: here's the Best of the Web
- Great new film series profiling the individuals challenging the macho stereotypes of rugby
- Tom Cockram's photographs of Brazil’s street culture in the lead up to last year’s World Cup
- Clever, well-observed editorial illustrations from Toronto-based Peter Thomas Ryan
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection
- Utopia-focussed design work from studio Public School
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography
- “What’s your style? I don’t fucking know. You tell me mate”: A no nonsense look at the work of Barber Osgerby
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team