Here’s an exclusive for all you lucky lunchtime lurkers, the premiere of We Were Evergreen’s brand new video Belong is happening right here, right now. Rather than a smörgåsbord of poignant close-ups and intricate instruments, We Were Evergreen has kicked it up a notch by joining forces with the ever brilliant, Kate Moross for the visuals.
We’re treated to a medley of psychedelic shades, simple lettering and joyous beats all working melodiously with each other. Having worked with the musical trio on their artwork previously, the video seemed like the next logical step. “After completing the single and album work with We Were Evergreen we were excited to bring the print work to life with animation.”
Studio Moross goes onto say: “For the lyric video we took the collaged layers and typography from the campaign and created a simple textural video that plays close attention to the syllables and musical details within the song. The end result is a simple visualiser that is a perfect continuation of our collaboration with the band, and adds more dimension to the aesthetic of the campaign.” The animation fits perfectly with the ethos behind the song. A seamless blend of creativity and enjoyment, it’s the perfect antidote to the Monday morning blues.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016