Here’s an exclusive for all you lucky lunchtime lurkers, the premiere of We Were Evergreen’s brand new video Belong is happening right here, right now. Rather than a smörgåsbord of poignant close-ups and intricate instruments, We Were Evergreen has kicked it up a notch by joining forces with the ever brilliant, Kate Moross for the visuals.
We’re treated to a medley of psychedelic shades, simple lettering and joyous beats all working melodiously with each other. Having worked with the musical trio on their artwork previously, the video seemed like the next logical step. “After completing the single and album work with We Were Evergreen we were excited to bring the print work to life with animation.”
Studio Moross goes onto say: “For the lyric video we took the collaged layers and typography from the campaign and created a simple textural video that plays close attention to the syllables and musical details within the song. The end result is a simple visualiser that is a perfect continuation of our collaboration with the band, and adds more dimension to the aesthetic of the campaign.” The animation fits perfectly with the ethos behind the song. A seamless blend of creativity and enjoyment, it’s the perfect antidote to the Monday morning blues.
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- August Diary: where to go and what to see
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale