I always found zoos a soberingly disappointing affair as a child. Not only did you see first hand that these animals were actually couped up in cupboard-sized pens, but also you could never get the view you wanted. Being less than six feet tall always made trying to see some monkey magic or spontaneous penguin cuteness an impossibility so my thanks go out to Kate Moross for creating this beauty for Washed Out and perfectly summing up THE zoo view I always wanted. Personal childhood angst over, now go and let those
colour-rich close ups erode the bad times.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again