I always found zoos a soberingly disappointing affair as a child. Not only did you see first hand that these animals were actually couped up in cupboard-sized pens, but also you could never get the view you wanted. Being less than six feet tall always made trying to see some monkey magic or spontaneous penguin cuteness an impossibility so my thanks go out to Kate Moross for creating this beauty for Washed Out and perfectly summing up THE zoo view I always wanted. Personal childhood angst over, now go and let those
colour-rich close ups erode the bad times.
- Illustration galore: it's February's Things!
- The past, present and future of gaming on The It’s Nice That Podcast
- Photographer Enda Bowe searches for light and beauty in At Mirrored River
- Dive into the trippy 3D world of Vector Meldrew in his latest video for Addison Groove
- Finnish illustrator Daniel Stolle’s atmospheric editorial illustrations
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality