I always found zoos a soberingly disappointing affair as a child. Not only did you see first hand that these animals were actually couped up in cupboard-sized pens, but also you could never get the view you wanted. Being less than six feet tall always made trying to see some monkey magic or spontaneous penguin cuteness an impossibility so my thanks go out to Kate Moross for creating this beauty for Washed Out and perfectly summing up THE zoo view I always wanted. Personal childhood angst over, now go and let those
colour-rich close ups erode the bad times.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)