When a photographer goes to assist a more established practitioner, they have an amazing up-close opportunity to learn from the best. And they don’t come much better than Nadav Kander, whom Kate Peters spent four years working with before developing her own projects and commissions.
It’s always tempting to try and identify the influence of one creative in another – sometimes in overly simplistic ways – but there’s something about Kate’s portraits that echoes Nadav’s supreme skill in presenting well-known faces in ways we seem to have never seen before.
From Laura Marling to Mo Farah (part of a series focusing on some London 2012 heroes including a topless Andy Murray) and LESTER FROM THE WIRE PEOPLE, this is brilliant work from a photographer with bucketloads of talent.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”