Katharina Poblotzki has got a pretty enviable life as far as we can tell. The Berlin-based photographer spends her time travelling the globe to photograph the up-and-coming stars of the music world. She’s already shot Little Dragon, Perfume Genius, Air and M.I.A, not to mention Moby and the indy darling of cinema Sophia Coppola – and it’s really not hard to see why.
Katharina’s photographs offer a stripped-back look at characters we so often see in staged surroundings, made-up, Photoshopped and utterly devoid of context. By contrast her images are almost over-exposed, full of natural light and pulling no punches when it comes to showing the reality of their public subjects. Not looking your best today Cat Power, but not to worry, we like you just fine that way.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”