Katharina Poblotzki has got a pretty enviable life as far as we can tell. The Berlin-based photographer spends her time travelling the globe to photograph the up-and-coming stars of the music world. She’s already shot Little Dragon, Perfume Genius, Air and M.I.A, not to mention Moby and the indy darling of cinema Sophia Coppola – and it’s really not hard to see why.
Katharina’s photographs offer a stripped-back look at characters we so often see in staged surroundings, made-up, Photoshopped and utterly devoid of context. By contrast her images are almost over-exposed, full of natural light and pulling no punches when it comes to showing the reality of their public subjects. Not looking your best today Cat Power, but not to worry, we like you just fine that way.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- The importance of creative education: why making is as important as maths, reading and science
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Pentagram’s dynamic and shifting identity for a Serbian digital arts festival
- PETA’s x-rated Super Bowl advert banned from TV (NSFW)
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language