Katharina Poblotzki has got a pretty enviable life as far as we can tell. The Berlin-based photographer spends her time travelling the globe to photograph the up-and-coming stars of the music world. She’s already shot Little Dragon, Perfume Genius, Air and M.I.A, not to mention Moby and the indy darling of cinema Sophia Coppola – and it’s really not hard to see why.
Katharina’s photographs offer a stripped-back look at characters we so often see in staged surroundings, made-up, Photoshopped and utterly devoid of context. By contrast her images are almost over-exposed, full of natural light and pulling no punches when it comes to showing the reality of their public subjects. Not looking your best today Cat Power, but not to worry, we like you just fine that way.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)