Illustrator extraordinaire and all-round cool gal Kelsey Dake has just updated her website with some more lovely illustration from the past few weeks of hard freelance graft. Top of the pile are these three enormous pieces for McSweeney’s #41 – now you all know we love McSweeney’s, and you must at least have an inkling by now of how much we love Kelsey. So this post is a total no-brainer – killer illustration, sweet publication, match made in heaven.
What’s particularly wonderful about the horribly mutilated dog is that it’s based on Kelsey’s own pooch, Truman, who’s a regular star on her Twitter feed. We can only hope the severed torso was imagined and not a straight-up life drawing, otherwise we might have to change our opinion of Miss Dake to preserve our stringent moral code.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s