Illustrator extraordinaire and all-round cool gal Kelsey Dake has just updated her website with some more lovely illustration from the past few weeks of hard freelance graft. Top of the pile are these three enormous pieces for McSweeney’s #41 – now you all know we love McSweeney’s, and you must at least have an inkling by now of how much we love Kelsey. So this post is a total no-brainer – killer illustration, sweet publication, match made in heaven.
What’s particularly wonderful about the horribly mutilated dog is that it’s based on Kelsey’s own pooch, Truman, who’s a regular star on her Twitter feed. We can only hope the severed torso was imagined and not a straight-up life drawing, otherwise we might have to change our opinion of Miss Dake to preserve our stringent moral code.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages