Illustrator extraordinaire and all-round cool gal Kelsey Dake has just updated her website with some more lovely illustration from the past few weeks of hard freelance graft. Top of the pile are these three enormous pieces for McSweeney’s #41 – now you all know we love McSweeney’s, and you must at least have an inkling by now of how much we love Kelsey. So this post is a total no-brainer – killer illustration, sweet publication, match made in heaven.
What’s particularly wonderful about the horribly mutilated dog is that it’s based on Kelsey’s own pooch, Truman, who’s a regular star on her Twitter feed. We can only hope the severed torso was imagined and not a straight-up life drawing, otherwise we might have to change our opinion of Miss Dake to preserve our stringent moral code.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant