We don’t often post stuff like this but when there’s chance to win $100,000 investment then we thought this just might be of interest. Ketel One vodka has launched a project to find “one original idea that champions the lifestyle of the modern gentleman” and which exemplifies “a higher standard of thinking and living.” Five projects will be taken forward to a public vote with one scooping the main prize so if you’re a designer with a killer idea and an intuitive understanding of the modern gentleman then we reckon it’s got to be worth a punt? Actor and philanthropist Ian Somerhalder, co founder of the Movember movement Adam Garone and actor Carlos Ponce will be on hand to help mentor the chosen few.
Entries close on Sunday, July 29. Good luck!
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?
- Jeremy Jansen’s graphic design work bridges concept and coherency
- Michael Craig-Martin: a cool, clean and colourful riot of everyday objects
- Anatoly Grashchenko's randomly generated posters for a Moscow theatre
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Bobby Doherty’s vivid and humorous still-life photography
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Why “cool” stunts creativity: one agency offers its opinion
- Fresh, vibrant poster work from South Korean designer Soojin Lee
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs