We don’t often post stuff like this but when there’s chance to win $100,000 investment then we thought this just might be of interest. Ketel One vodka has launched a project to find “one original idea that champions the lifestyle of the modern gentleman” and which exemplifies “a higher standard of thinking and living.” Five projects will be taken forward to a public vote with one scooping the main prize so if you’re a designer with a killer idea and an intuitive understanding of the modern gentleman then we reckon it’s got to be worth a punt? Actor and philanthropist Ian Somerhalder, co founder of the Movember movement Adam Garone and actor Carlos Ponce will be on hand to help mentor the chosen few.
Entries close on Sunday, July 29. Good luck!
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”