There’s a universal truth that beautiful adolescents in vintage clothing make for excellent photographs. It’s a tried and tested recipe for success. So what makes Kimi Selfridge’s shots stand out from her peers and their equally gorgeous friends? Well for one thing her personal preference is for instant photography, in particular Fuji Instax, which means every one of her photographs is one of a kind. It’s a difficult job to make instant film yield consistently strong results but Kimi rises to the challenge admirably. She’s also got a natural eye for composition, framing her leggy subjects in their surroundings with genuine flair.
And it doesn’t stop there. Kimi’s also pretty fond of working into her original photographs with paint, found imagery and hand-scrawled text to create witty and engaging collages. We’re particularly fond of her declaration of love for ex-president Abraham Lincoln. Who can resist a man with a full Amish beard?
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant