Just for the record I realise this is a pretty pretentious sentence I’m about to write, but I have a bit of still-life product photoshoot fatigue. We know that it’s an important part of a lot of publications’ business models and that it’s a great commission for photographers to help pay the bills, but it’s not that often we see something genuinely interesting in creative terms. All the more reason then when we do come across something out of the ordinary that we make a bit of noise about it, if only to prove to fellow jaded observers that there is better stuff out there.
So step forward and take a bow Körner Union and AnOther Magazine for this series, built around a simple idea and executed with genuine flair.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)