Just for the record I realise this is a pretty pretentious sentence I’m about to write, but I have a bit of still-life product photoshoot fatigue. We know that it’s an important part of a lot of publications’ business models and that it’s a great commission for photographers to help pay the bills, but it’s not that often we see something genuinely interesting in creative terms. All the more reason then when we do come across something out of the ordinary that we make a bit of noise about it, if only to prove to fellow jaded observers that there is better stuff out there.
So step forward and take a bow Körner Union and AnOther Magazine for this series, built around a simple idea and executed with genuine flair.
- Curator Shonagh Marshall takes us through the highlights from Hair by Sam McKnight
- Yeji Yun’s imaginative zine combines frozen lands, whales and cocktails
- Zhang Kechun encapsulates the oblivion of China's mysterious Yellow River
- Artist Anna Valdez brings her eye for detail to digital painting
- Bold in its broadness, the work of Dave Singley
- Córdova Canillas seek inspiration between nostalgia and obsolescence for C de C annual
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity