On photographer Lara Alegre’s website there’s an “About” section which reads simply: “Lara Alegre, 1985. Barcelona.” That’s literally it, that’s all you’re getting, but to be honest that’s all you need because Lara is a creative talent whose work speaks for itself. Her portfolio is not massive but what it lacks in quantity it more than makes up for in quality as her pictures have a way of drawing you in and holding your attention through a delicate balance of colour and texture.
Her skills are exemplified in two very different projects. On the one hand Rosa demonstrates Lara’s brilliant portraiture, with the model flitting between being sultry, sensual and vulnerable and the rich, thick red carpet used to maximum effect. And on the other hand Winterland is a beautiful set of snowscapes proving that Lara has an unerring eye for both macro and micro detail. The more deserved attention her work gets, the more she may need to expand her online biography but we hope she continues to let her work do the talking…
For the past few weeks we’ve been showcasing some of the dazzling creatives which form part of the ABSOLUT Network, which brings together some of the finest cutting-edge creatives in Spain.
- Bow down witches, it's a Best of the (cob)Web Halloween special!
- Photographer Philippe Chancel captures North Korea’s intensely choreographed ceremonies
- From a family-run “famzine” to a 30p grime mag, it's October's Things
- Wellcome Collection publishes book of early infographics, charts and diagrams for organising nature
- Sophie Koko Gate, an animator with immense illustrative skill
- Artist and illustrator Jamie Johnson's gently surreal compositions
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design