On photographer Lara Alegre’s website there’s an “About” section which reads simply: “Lara Alegre, 1985. Barcelona.” That’s literally it, that’s all you’re getting, but to be honest that’s all you need because Lara is a creative talent whose work speaks for itself. Her portfolio is not massive but what it lacks in quantity it more than makes up for in quality as her pictures have a way of drawing you in and holding your attention through a delicate balance of colour and texture.
Her skills are exemplified in two very different projects. On the one hand Rosa demonstrates Lara’s brilliant portraiture, with the model flitting between being sultry, sensual and vulnerable and the rich, thick red carpet used to maximum effect. And on the other hand Winterland is a beautiful set of snowscapes proving that Lara has an unerring eye for both macro and micro detail. The more deserved attention her work gets, the more she may need to expand her online biography but we hope she continues to let her work do the talking…
For the past few weeks we’ve been showcasing some of the dazzling creatives which form part of the ABSOLUT Network, which brings together some of the finest cutting-edge creatives in Spain.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August