On photographer Lara Alegre’s website there’s an “About” section which reads simply: “Lara Alegre, 1985. Barcelona.” That’s literally it, that’s all you’re getting, but to be honest that’s all you need because Lara is a creative talent whose work speaks for itself. Her portfolio is not massive but what it lacks in quantity it more than makes up for in quality as her pictures have a way of drawing you in and holding your attention through a delicate balance of colour and texture.
Her skills are exemplified in two very different projects. On the one hand Rosa demonstrates Lara’s brilliant portraiture, with the model flitting between being sultry, sensual and vulnerable and the rich, thick red carpet used to maximum effect. And on the other hand Winterland is a beautiful set of snowscapes proving that Lara has an unerring eye for both macro and micro detail. The more deserved attention her work gets, the more she may need to expand her online biography but we hope she continues to let her work do the talking…
For the past few weeks we’ve been showcasing some of the dazzling creatives which form part of the ABSOLUT Network, which brings together some of the finest cutting-edge creatives in Spain.
- Design's many, many layers, and the power of music, at Nicer Tuesdays July
- It’s just life: The democratic eye of William Eggleston
- Tim Lahan is the new Mystic Meg with horoscope illustrations for Elle Magazine
- Musical instruments with a modernist aesthetic by Hundo
- Former Buzzcocks drummer John Maher exhibits his photography work in Nobody's Home
- Monument Valley creator ustwo gives us a peek at its bookshelf
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale