On photographer Lara Alegre’s website there’s an “About” section which reads simply: “Lara Alegre, 1985. Barcelona.” That’s literally it, that’s all you’re getting, but to be honest that’s all you need because Lara is a creative talent whose work speaks for itself. Her portfolio is not massive but what it lacks in quantity it more than makes up for in quality as her pictures have a way of drawing you in and holding your attention through a delicate balance of colour and texture.
Her skills are exemplified in two very different projects. On the one hand Rosa demonstrates Lara’s brilliant portraiture, with the model flitting between being sultry, sensual and vulnerable and the rich, thick red carpet used to maximum effect. And on the other hand Winterland is a beautiful set of snowscapes proving that Lara has an unerring eye for both macro and micro detail. The more deserved attention her work gets, the more she may need to expand her online biography but we hope she continues to let her work do the talking…
For the past few weeks we’ve been showcasing some of the dazzling creatives which form part of the ABSOLUT Network, which brings together some of the finest cutting-edge creatives in Spain.
- How I Got Here: Marco Velardi and Omar Sosa, Apartamento magazine
- It’s Nice That x Channel 4 Random Acts: “It’ll be like a guided acid trip”
- Felicity Hammond's art sends up the visual language of luxury property developers
- Gillian Wearing uses the public's work to examine privacy and individual vs collective experience
- Anna Biel defies convention with "trashy" illustrations and animations
- Polish illustrator Gosia Herba interprets myths and legends in pastel tones
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs