Dutch illustrator Lianne Nixon’s eye for perspective helps her create impeccable interior illustrations. This fascination with decorative homes started with a design purchase, a replica of an Eames DAW chair.
“Ever since I have been creating with no end, drawing my constantly changing vision of a perfect interior.” Using pencils, markers and tape, Lianne draws living rooms, bedrooms and hallways that she loves. “And like in real life, I start to stuff them with accessories and plants. By doing so I create living environments that seem both accessible and in reach, even though they are filled with designer pieces with the likes of Eames, Rietveld, Arne Jacobsen or a Malevich painting, tucked away in the corner.”
Lianne recently created a series for Say Hi To’s Design Studies which saw her dive into the work of one designer. Aptly, the illustrator chose Charles and Ray Eames, “where it all started”. The illustrations depict “a (real) DAW chair, The Eames House, a close-up of the Eiffel legs and an interior containing classics as The Lounge Chair, the Eames Plywood Elephant and the LTR side table”.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design