Here in London graduate season is in full swing and it’s easy to forget in the maelstrom of private views (hip young things swigging tepid beer) that the annual migration from arts and designs schools is a global phenomenon. Luna Seo is one of those emerging from the highly-respected Konstfack University College of Arts, Crafts and Design in Sweden and her final project That Piece of Time re-imagines the everyday and wants to sprinkle a liitle bit of magic onto the mundane, aiming to " grasp time from the sunlight and shed unexpected, unrepeatable moments for you to cherish."
The coffee table casts light through a prism and creates rainbow patterns around the piece but it’s the vase which really stands out for me, designed like a floor lamp it’s an unexpected and memorable object with the stand “stabbed through” the receptacle.
Luna’s work will be on show at Tent London during this year’s London Design Festival should you want to get up-close-and-personal with it.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"