Just as no one likes a smug couple on Valentine’s Day, no one wants a down-in-the-mouth “poor me, poor me, pour me another!” single person either. We’ve all got to live together today folks, and what better way to help it all run smoothly than two novelty playlists? Our mixtapes this week have been decided by committee, with the whole of the It’s Nice That Studio and Twittersphere submitting songs to go on two different mixes, the first being #Couples, the second being #Singles. Which is better? You decide. For us the singles one has got a certain je ne sais quoi, but maybe that’s because it features a song entitled Red Right Hand.
- Tomomi Maezawa designs airy identity for Fabrica and Daikin collaboration
- From building site to bustling creative destination – London's illustration gallery one year on
- Big, bold and beautiful: Isabelle Vaverka designs Unseen photography festival mag
- Three brothers on a summer adventure in Neil Bedford's new series for Kinfolk
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Mark Manzi's photography: part staged, part skill, part "pure luck"
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- Bookshelf: Jason Silva
- A look inside the brand guidelines for the amazing 1970s Nasa "worm" logo
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film