Just as no one likes a smug couple on Valentine’s Day, no one wants a down-in-the-mouth “poor me, poor me, pour me another!” single person either. We’ve all got to live together today folks, and what better way to help it all run smoothly than two novelty playlists? Our mixtapes this week have been decided by committee, with the whole of the It’s Nice That Studio and Twittersphere submitting songs to go on two different mixes, the first being #Couples, the second being #Singles. Which is better? You decide. For us the singles one has got a certain je ne sais quoi, but maybe that’s because it features a song entitled Red Right Hand.
- The creative team behind John Grant’s post-apocalyptic world
- They have beauty, they have grace, they are Jack Mears’ ceramic dogs
- Caroline Tompkins deftly captures goggle marks, swim caps and foam floats
- Illustrator Jan Robert Duennweller's erratic style creates "visual headlines"
- Réka Neszmélyi's boundary breaking identity for Hungarian Bánkitó Cultural & Music Festival 2016
- Five things to remember as a young creative
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale