Manchester-based studio Modern Designers have recently updated their website – a simple, functional piece of interactive design that’s an absolute pleasure to use – and with it added an impressive array of new projects to their portfolio. There’s terrific work for the likes of outdoor apparel brand Hilly, urban gardening festival Dig The City, and luxury clothing brand Albam. But we keep coming back to their ongoing work with Manchester’s premier culture guide, Creative Tourist.
Modern designers have been at the heart of the Creative Tourist project since its inception in 2009, creating the initial concept and managing the subsequent creative direction, working with a fresh crop of creatives each year to define the annual identity, maintaining the immensely functional website and producing their printed magazine Where To Go. Lovely stuff.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages