Here at It’s Nice That HQ we’ve been looking for an excuse to get together a whole heap of interesting people for regular meet-ups. Given that it’s been cold here in London (any excuse will do), what better way to lift our spirits than by launching our first monthly event, Nice Wednesdays?
Join us on Wednesday 27 February at Shoreditch Studios for some beers and snappy 10-minute talks. Each month the evening will be curated around a theme, and to start us off we’ve got a lovely bunch of speakers in the form of much-lauded illustrator Rob Ryan, the founders of Soho Warriors FC, Matthew and Chris Dent, artist-cum-illustrator Stevie Gee, Rapha’s founder, Simon Mottram, and Sharmadean Reid, entrepreneur and founder of WAH Nails. As always, we’ve invited speakers from a range of different practices / backgrounds and they’ll be exploring their hobbies and passions, and looking at how these inspire, influence and inform their work.
We’re also offering the chance for one attendee to have a platform and give a 3 minute talk relating to the theme ‘hobbies & passions’ – for more details click here.
It’s going to be delightful. Hope to see some of you there!
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Devilish charm: the illustrations of Polly Nor
- Illustrator Thomas Howe’s detailed character studies capture quirky personas
- Tragic beauty: the arsenic-laden wallpapers of the Victorian home
- Bureau Mirko Borsche creates a crisp, type-led campaign for the Bavarian State Opera
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity