Here at It’s Nice That HQ we’ve been looking for an excuse to get together a whole heap of interesting people for regular meet-ups. Given that it’s been cold here in London (any excuse will do), what better way to lift our spirits than by launching our first monthly event, Nice Wednesdays?
Join us on Wednesday 27 February at Shoreditch Studios for some beers and snappy 10-minute talks. Each month the evening will be curated around a theme, and to start us off we’ve got a lovely bunch of speakers in the form of much-lauded illustrator Rob Ryan, the founders of Soho Warriors FC, Matthew and Chris Dent, artist-cum-illustrator Stevie Gee, Rapha’s founder, Simon Mottram, and Sharmadean Reid, entrepreneur and founder of WAH Nails. As always, we’ve invited speakers from a range of different practices / backgrounds and they’ll be exploring their hobbies and passions, and looking at how these inspire, influence and inform their work.
We’re also offering the chance for one attendee to have a platform and give a 3 minute talk relating to the theme ‘hobbies & passions’ – for more details click here.
It’s going to be delightful. Hope to see some of you there!
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"