Here at It’s Nice That HQ we’ve been looking for an excuse to get together a whole heap of interesting people for regular meet-ups. Given that it’s been cold here in London (any excuse will do), what better way to lift our spirits than by launching our first monthly event, Nice Wednesdays?
Join us on Wednesday 27 February at Shoreditch Studios for some beers and snappy 10-minute talks. Each month the evening will be curated around a theme, and to start us off we’ve got a lovely bunch of speakers in the form of much-lauded illustrator Rob Ryan, the founders of Soho Warriors FC, Matthew and Chris Dent, artist-cum-illustrator Stevie Gee, Rapha’s founder, Simon Mottram, and Sharmadean Reid, entrepreneur and founder of WAH Nails. As always, we’ve invited speakers from a range of different practices / backgrounds and they’ll be exploring their hobbies and passions, and looking at how these inspire, influence and inform their work.
We’re also offering the chance for one attendee to have a platform and give a 3 minute talk relating to the theme ‘hobbies & passions’ – for more details click here.
It’s going to be delightful. Hope to see some of you there!
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016