Here at It’s Nice That HQ we’ve been looking for an excuse to get together a whole heap of interesting people for regular meet-ups. Given that it’s been cold here in London (any excuse will do), what better way to lift our spirits than by launching our first monthly event, Nice Wednesdays?
Join us on Wednesday 27 February at Shoreditch Studios for some beers and snappy 10-minute talks. Each month the evening will be curated around a theme, and to start us off we’ve got a lovely bunch of speakers in the form of much-lauded illustrator Rob Ryan, the founders of Soho Warriors FC, Matthew and Chris Dent, artist-cum-illustrator Stevie Gee, Rapha’s founder, Simon Mottram, and Sharmadean Reid, entrepreneur and founder of WAH Nails. As always, we’ve invited speakers from a range of different practices / backgrounds and they’ll be exploring their hobbies and passions, and looking at how these inspire, influence and inform their work.
We’re also offering the chance for one attendee to have a platform and give a 3 minute talk relating to the theme ‘hobbies & passions’ – for more details click here.
It’s going to be delightful. Hope to see some of you there!
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages