Here at It’s Nice That HQ we’ve been looking for an excuse to get together a whole heap of interesting people for regular meet-ups. Given that it’s been cold here in London (any excuse will do), what better way to lift our spirits than by launching our first monthly event, Nice Wednesdays?
Join us on Wednesday 27 February at Shoreditch Studios for some beers and snappy 10-minute talks. Each month the evening will be curated around a theme, and to start us off we’ve got a lovely bunch of speakers in the form of much-lauded illustrator Rob Ryan, the founders of Soho Warriors FC, Matthew and Chris Dent, artist-cum-illustrator Stevie Gee, Rapha’s founder, Simon Mottram, and Sharmadean Reid, entrepreneur and founder of WAH Nails. As always, we’ve invited speakers from a range of different practices / backgrounds and they’ll be exploring their hobbies and passions, and looking at how these inspire, influence and inform their work.
We’re also offering the chance for one attendee to have a platform and give a 3 minute talk relating to the theme ‘hobbies & passions’ – for more details click here.
It’s going to be delightful. Hope to see some of you there!
- Camelot’s typefaces bring both the contemporary and historical to the table
- Scott Newett’s eerily quiet, ethereal portraits of Chinese utopia
- Jade Schulz’s atmospheric and imaginative editorial illustrations
- Emiliano Granado’s new zine puts a fresh spin on Tour de France fandom
- The big cover up: Mathieu Tremblin's translations of graffiti
- Artist Howard Fonda captures the vibrancy of summer for Ace & Tate
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale