Nobody likes a bandwagon-jumper (and if you’ve sent the kind of “It’s Euro 2012 – help support England by buying our mousetraps!” type press release then SHAME ON YOU. Luckily the lovely folk over at Mother London realised that if they were going to do a special Euro 2012 fanzine it had to be a thing of beauty, depth and wit – and that’s exactly what they’ve produced.
Teaming up with the team at The Rig Out they produced Pazsport! a cheeky but intelligent publication aimed at the non-neanderthal kind of football fan (of which there are thousands despite what some newspapers might have you believe).
As Mother partner Dylan Williams puts it: “I’d always wanted to do something to counterbalance that bovver boot skinhead stereotype. A one-off fanzine in the spirit of classics like The End and Boys Own seemed the perfect way to do it. With the help of lots of really sound people I think we’ve made something pretty decent.”
The quirky, considered content is backed up by a whole heap of nice layout tricks, all of which combines to create a worthy accompaniment to the goings-on in the east.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations