Nobody likes a bandwagon-jumper (and if you’ve sent the kind of “It’s Euro 2012 – help support England by buying our mousetraps!” type press release then SHAME ON YOU. Luckily the lovely folk over at Mother London realised that if they were going to do a special Euro 2012 fanzine it had to be a thing of beauty, depth and wit – and that’s exactly what they’ve produced.
Teaming up with the team at The Rig Out they produced Pazsport! a cheeky but intelligent publication aimed at the non-neanderthal kind of football fan (of which there are thousands despite what some newspapers might have you believe).
As Mother partner Dylan Williams puts it: “I’d always wanted to do something to counterbalance that bovver boot skinhead stereotype. A one-off fanzine in the spirit of classics like The End and Boys Own seemed the perfect way to do it. With the help of lots of really sound people I think we’ve made something pretty decent.”
The quirky, considered content is backed up by a whole heap of nice layout tricks, all of which combines to create a worthy accompaniment to the goings-on in the east.
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk on social media to follow
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery