Nobody likes a bandwagon-jumper (and if you’ve sent the kind of “It’s Euro 2012 – help support England by buying our mousetraps!” type press release then SHAME ON YOU. Luckily the lovely folk over at Mother London realised that if they were going to do a special Euro 2012 fanzine it had to be a thing of beauty, depth and wit – and that’s exactly what they’ve produced.
Teaming up with the team at The Rig Out they produced Pazsport! a cheeky but intelligent publication aimed at the non-neanderthal kind of football fan (of which there are thousands despite what some newspapers might have you believe).
As Mother partner Dylan Williams puts it: “I’d always wanted to do something to counterbalance that bovver boot skinhead stereotype. A one-off fanzine in the spirit of classics like The End and Boys Own seemed the perfect way to do it. With the help of lots of really sound people I think we’ve made something pretty decent.”
The quirky, considered content is backed up by a whole heap of nice layout tricks, all of which combines to create a worthy accompaniment to the goings-on in the east.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant