After nearly 100% of female viewers became angry in one way or another after watching Robin Thicke’s video for Blurred Lines (despite it being directed by a woman) there’s now reams of fantastic parody videos to ridicule it even more than it has been already.. Good old internet. Powerful burlesque group Mod Carousel from Seattle have created their own version of the video in which the tables are satisfyingly turned, leaving the men as gormless, naked playthings under the control of the women.
This video isn’t just generally more entertaining than the original, it’s actually sung better by lead singer Caela Bailey, and the men in it are great! How refreshing to see women and men being funny together in one video. See? It’s not rocket science. Highlights include the toe-pointing at 3:20 and the “sex balls” wall hanging. Genius!
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery