After nearly 100% of female viewers became angry in one way or another after watching Robin Thicke’s video for Blurred Lines (despite it being directed by a woman) there’s now reams of fantastic parody videos to ridicule it even more than it has been already.. Good old internet. Powerful burlesque group Mod Carousel from Seattle have created their own version of the video in which the tables are satisfyingly turned, leaving the men as gormless, naked playthings under the control of the women.
This video isn’t just generally more entertaining than the original, it’s actually sung better by lead singer Caela Bailey, and the men in it are great! How refreshing to see women and men being funny together in one video. See? It’s not rocket science. Highlights include the toe-pointing at 3:20 and the “sex balls” wall hanging. Genius!
- Sean and Seng travelled to Mongolia to shoot for Arena Homme+
- Joshua T Gibbons provides an insight into the relaxed bachelor lifestyle of Cockney Stan
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Latvian illustrator Zane Zlemeša's delicately painted drawings
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Linda Brownlee’s beautiful photography book captures family life in a Sicilian village
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich