Next into the breach to give out his My LDF wisdom is Marco Di Rienzo, director of The Lollipop Shoppe, who is kindly supporting our coverage of this year’s festival.
What are you most looking forward to at this year’s festival?
I’m really looking forward to John Pawson’s installation at St Paul’s and the David Chipperfield Architects / Arup composition at the Royal Festival Hall.
What is the event, place or memory that really sums up the LDF for you?
LDF always makes me think of the Old Truman Brewery and Brick Lane for obvious reasons, but also about the one-off exhibitions that pop up from year to year like last year’s Bench10 for example which we were involved in. Quite inspiring.
Any tips for LDF first-timers?
What’s the best way to relax after a long day at the LDF?
What’s your favourite London design icon?
For me it has to be Eduardo Paolozzi’s mosaics at Tottenham Court Road tube station. I love’em!
In three words, how would you describe the state of the UK design industry?
Alive, creative, unique.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages