Some combinations just sound irresistible, so when ace photographer Neil Bedford sent us his new work for the brilliant Green Soccer Journal and told us it featured Phil Daniels (actor and more importantly the voice of Parklife) dressed up as a football manager we were truly excited.
And of course with that kind of pedigree all coming together it should come as no surprise that the results are pretty sweet. Phil has the choreographed theatrics of the touchline denizens down to a “t” and only the muted backgrounds of the studio give away that he’s not actually stalking a pitchside technical area somewhere. Add in Neil’s trademark sure-footedness and willingness not to overcomplicate his process and it’s a series that adds up to something more than the sum of its parts.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label