Some combinations just sound irresistible, so when ace photographer Neil Bedford sent us his new work for the brilliant Green Soccer Journal and told us it featured Phil Daniels (actor and more importantly the voice of Parklife) dressed up as a football manager we were truly excited.
And of course with that kind of pedigree all coming together it should come as no surprise that the results are pretty sweet. Phil has the choreographed theatrics of the touchline denizens down to a “t” and only the muted backgrounds of the studio give away that he’s not actually stalking a pitchside technical area somewhere. Add in Neil’s trademark sure-footedness and willingness not to overcomplicate his process and it’s a series that adds up to something more than the sum of its parts.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf