Some combinations just sound irresistible, so when ace photographer Neil Bedford sent us his new work for the brilliant Green Soccer Journal and told us it featured Phil Daniels (actor and more importantly the voice of Parklife) dressed up as a football manager we were truly excited.
And of course with that kind of pedigree all coming together it should come as no surprise that the results are pretty sweet. Phil has the choreographed theatrics of the touchline denizens down to a “t” and only the muted backgrounds of the studio give away that he’s not actually stalking a pitchside technical area somewhere. Add in Neil’s trademark sure-footedness and willingness not to overcomplicate his process and it’s a series that adds up to something more than the sum of its parts.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”