Some combinations just sound irresistible, so when ace photographer Neil Bedford sent us his new work for the brilliant Green Soccer Journal and told us it featured Phil Daniels (actor and more importantly the voice of Parklife) dressed up as a football manager we were truly excited.
And of course with that kind of pedigree all coming together it should come as no surprise that the results are pretty sweet. Phil has the choreographed theatrics of the touchline denizens down to a “t” and only the muted backgrounds of the studio give away that he’s not actually stalking a pitchside technical area somewhere. Add in Neil’s trademark sure-footedness and willingness not to overcomplicate his process and it’s a series that adds up to something more than the sum of its parts.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages